Heater question and bleeding coolant>?

Hi there,

Could people point me to the right direction of where the bleed point is for the coolant ? (is a 1 reg 1l micra)

Also , the air coming out of the heater vent is not that strong even on full blast, is this normal ?

Thanks
Ming

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
You normally just pull the main hose off thebottom of the radiator to drain it. You'll probably find that the heater matrix is clogged with crud :).

OP
OP
Y
Yeah you could drain it, but how do you bleed it after you fill it up ?

Ahh good call that, the coolant in there looks very clean tho ... think i'll drain and refill just incase!

Ming

pollyp

Club Member
brim the rad with coolant and leave rad cap off.
turn heater dial on hot to bleed the heater core too.
start engine and run till it goes upto normal temp. the thermostat would then open to let coolant flow up into the radiator along with any trapped air that was in the system.
rev it afew times to further agitate air trapped inside to bubble up.
as the level in the rad goes down, fill up with coolant.
when no more bubbles appear, fit the rad cap back on, turn heater dial back to cold.
watch the temp gauge stays in the middle. when it gets too warm the fan should kick in.
once the fan turns off you can turn the engine off.

OP
OP
Y
You normally just pull the main hose off thebottom of the radiator to drain it. You'll probably find that the heater matrix is clogged with crud :).

How do i check if the heater matrix is filled with crud ? IS there like a trap hole or something?

Ming

pollyp

Club Member
turn the fan on full, recirculate off, divert flow towards face setting and then turn the heater temp dial from cold to hot. if it blows hard when set to cold and only soft when set to hot then the heater matrix is blocked. it's a dashboard out type job