heater problem

stokie1985

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys and gals. I have a 1995 1.3lx. Now the problem I have is that the heaters only work on high. I thought I would post a new thread as I am too lazy to search on here for a cure. What is the cause of this and is it easy to fix because its quite annoying having the heaters on high all the time. Any advice / help? Thanks in advance.

Ryan :)

stokie1985 said:
Hi guys and gals. I have a 1995 1.3lx. Now the problem I have is that the heaters only work on high. I thought I would post a new thread as I am too lazy to search on here for a cure. What is the cause of this and is it easy to fix because its quite annoying having the heaters on high all the time. Any advice / help? Thanks in advance.

Ryan :)

You need to change another heat card. Check it on my blog.

Haha mines only work on 4 or 3 put it onto 2 or 1 and it stops :p

Also on my w reg the 2 middle heater blowers blow cold air..... My friend said it's meant to be like that to help control temp but im not too sure :p

Nah, everything else heats up perfectly fine window heater is awesome, so are the twoat the side nearest the windows, its just the two smaller heater vents in the center

hey dont know if you still have this problem but iv found a cheeper alternative to fix this if you take off the center pannel take off the 3 dials on the back is the plugs on the heater one if you look at it as if you are above it and solder a wire to the fouth and secon wire your heating will work on all four settings i tried changing the dial but it didnt do anything but as soon as i wired it up behind works great on all settingss.

hey dont know if you still have this problem but iv found a cheeper alternative to fix this if you take off the center pannel take off the 3 dials on the back is the plugs on the heater one if you look at it as if you are above it and solder a wire to the fouth and secon wire your heating will work on all four settings i tried changing the dial but it didnt do anything but as soon as i wired it up behind works great on all settingss.

Safer and easier to remove the heater resistor card and repair that with just solder.
There is a solder fuse that on the card that gets damp, corrodes and loses contact with the circuit. This causes speeds 1-3 not to work.
The fix is to clean it up and rejoin with solder.
The solder fuse is supposed to melt and break the circuit if there is over-current on the fan motor.
Adding a wire is not a good idea.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Safer and easier to remove the heater resistor card and repair that with just solder.
There is a solder fuse that on the card that gets damp, corrodes and loses contact with the circuit. This causes speeds 1-3 not to work.
The fix is to clean it up and rejoin with solder.
The solder fuse is supposed to melt and break the circuit if there is over-current on the fan motor.
Adding a wire is not a good idea.

got a pic of where it needs to be soldered? im good at soldering :)

1230246738.jpg

Heater resistor card located behind the glovebox.
The small white looking rectangle on the left is the solder fuse.
Scrape either side (above and below as pictured above) with a small screwdriver/knife to expose clean copper.
Add solder to join the two sides.
I did our Micra about 4 years ago. Figured this out after replacing in another Micra and Primera

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
ety3yje4.jpg

This is mine. Now I've had multimeter on it and I know where the breaks are. The resistor is fine. It's the circuit board which is the problem.

So I come with a solution.

The right terminal (4) links to every other terminal (1,2,3) so where it plugs into the loom why don't I just link them all out? At the loom not on the card and remove the card completely?

What exactly does the resistor do on terminal 2? Also does anyone know what resistor it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you link them at the loom you will have 4 speeds but all the same - High
It looks like there are 3 different resistors. Some may be used together.

I have seen a Primera card with lots of little solder repairs to damaged parts.
You might be better getting a replacement card.

Hi all,
looking to get a new card, and wondering which vehicles share the same card, heard the card in the Almera is the same, is the Dino included in this? Soldering didn't do anything for it.
Cheers

frank

Club Member
the mera ones looked the same to me, but i posted a pic on AOC, and they said no (the new dealer ones have a smaller blade now tho iirc)

Picked up a couple at the scrappers today, one was the short, one the long, both seem to work, though the older one doesn't seem to be in great condition.