Heater kinda works, help pls!!

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
Hi all.. I only just got my micra, and on the way home from where i bought it (my dad drove as im yet to pass my test!) i was making sure it all worked etc... the heater was on HOT all the way over the position of air direction was on the face vents, and the fan was on full power. the engine was dead in the middle between hot and cold but only cold air came out of the vents. i switched the air position thing to the window and very nice warm air came pumping out of the window vents! is this normal for micras? the heater must work becuase hot air was coming from window vents, but wen i put it back to face/dash vents only coolish air came out. any ideas? is this normal?

Cheers!!

Courior

Its normal! Hot air will only come out the footwells and windscreen, whereas cold air will only come out the front vents!

The hot and cold setting doesnt do anything in my car, and im always flicking around down there trying to find a comfortable setting.

wow. that was a fast reply. cheers for that mate. put my mind at ease. seems i got a 100% working car in miiiiiiiiiint condition for 300 quid. hehe cool. if u leave it on hot and full fan power and at the windows it gets very warm inside the cabin, very quickly. within 2 mins it was at a nice comfortable temp and could turn the fan down. put every car i know with "Climate Control" to shame!! im really getting into this micra thing. glad i found this site!

Cheers

Back