heater controls

how do i remove the heater control panel from k11 face lift 98 reg according to haynes all i do is remove all screws take off the centre consul and it slides out,well tried that and it will not slide out,so what am i doing wrong,or do i have to remove the whole dash cheers.

looks like the gear on the temperature control keeps jamming so i only get about a quarter of movement on the switch i want to remove the control panel to actually see what the problem is,the alternative is no heating or take of the entire dash,which i would prefer not to do,haynes says its straight forward but i have tried to remove it with no avail,so thats the reason i could with a little know how ,cheers and thanks from an old un

image.jpg
Hi nudger
In the course of fitting A/C to my 95 pre-face LX I removed the heating/cooling control box, admittedly I did remove the dash in the process, but that was because the instal required it. I would imagine ( as Haynes suggest ) you should be able to access the control box with the dash in but after removing the center section and radio. As I am sure you have already found, there are just four screws holding the control box in place, but I seem to remember the control cables being clipped in place securely and so they have to be up clipped before the control box can move enough to gain access ( and even then it takes a lot of wiggling and swearing before it budges ) . Good luck with the job and worse case scenario remove the dash, it's obviously a pain for the job you are doing but not actually all that hard.

How do you get the control cables off the heater control panel? The cable sleeve seems to be very well secured to the unit in a plastic collar. Im trying to get to the bulb holders to replace the bulbs but those cables stop me from twisting it to get to second bulb.
Screenshot_20230530_081943_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to get 2 x T10 LEDs in the heater control panel. Very tricky to do, i couldnt get my fingers in the dmall spaces in the dash. Eventually i got both LEDs in, looks good now, never had working heater lights before.
20230602_004238.jpg
Screenshot_20230602_013025_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230602_013439_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Back