Heater control knobs

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Anyone else on here positively hate the white 'Belling Cooker' heater control knobs?
I think it must be a 'Marmite' thing, but I really think they look awful.

0LjXOFO.jpg

Found this on ebay, for the princely sum of £9.99 including carriage

0mXNOXx.jpg

Now that's better

es5Qx0J.jpg

(the knobs just pull off and can be changed over) :0)

Last edited:
OP
OP
John_D

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Great minds think alike Mika :cool:
Where in Finland are you? Many years ago my first business trip took me to Helsinki, stayed at the Vaakuna, very up market in those days :)

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
G'day John,
I live in small town called Salo, located in southern coast of The Land Of The Finns. About 70 miles west from Helsinki.
-Mika-

OP
OP
John_D

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
G'day John,
I live in small town called Salo, located in southern coast of The Land Of The Finns. About 70 miles west from Helsinki.
-Mika-
Hi Mika,
didn't make it that far over to the west, had to visit a big commercial print company that was to the north of Helsinki.
My memories of Finland was endless fir trees and numerous bridges over stretches of water, oh and the streets of Helsinki appearing to be almost totally populated by tall leggy blond girls :cool:. (my other car is Scandinavian, a Saab 9-3 Sport Wagon, from Trolhattan Sweden not Finland, though I do believe that some convertible Saabs were built in Uusikaupunki, Finland.)

Only recently got the little Micra, have to say this is top of my list of things to change.

Especially as the surrounds on mine are split as well.

I have a spare set of the cream dials I'm willing to forward on for free if anyone wants the to try spraying them black or body colour, either that or they just be binned, seems a waste to bin them, unless they are not wanted

Anyone else on here positively hate the white 'Belling Cooker' heater control knobs?

Belling%20cooker%20knobs_zpsyx3z9juz.jpg

micra%20heater%20controls_zpstct4tijk.jpg

Now that's better

Belling%20cooker%20knobs%20after_zpsf7wrdcvk.jpg

@John_D What did you search for to get these black knobs?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

You need to buy the whole heater control panel with the dials on. Plenty on eBay. Just pop them out on both and swap them over. You could then try selling the spares

OP
OP
John_D

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Might as well add this to this thread, this is the latest encarnation of my heater control panel, thanks to the front panel and control knobs from a Nissan Note.....
Well that was an 'interesting conversion'.........

All in place and everything works......
BUT definitely NOT a straight swap over on a 2006 K12:mad:
I was comparing the 'Note' heater control, front panel donor unit, with the spare 'Micra' one I bought about 3 years ago, for the black knobs, and everything was identical and swapped over on the bench, however when I stripped down the dash on the car to fit the panel all was NOT the same:(. It would appear that Nissan changed the units on the Micra K12, very subtly, sometime after 2006 when they fitted ones with black knobs to the K12 (they probably 'standardised' and fitted the same units as the Note ones) so my replacement is either from a very late K12 or a Note.
I now understand the comments previously posted about the A/C and heated rear screen buttons being too long to fit the Note heater control front panel on to the Micra heater control unit.

As a comparison, the Micra one is the top one.
The profile is also different, the Micra buttons having square flanges...
I decided that if I altered the profile of the Micra buttons to the rounded form, so that they would slide in the Note front panel, top one standard, lower one modified (craft knife and file)........

then 'all' I would need to do would be to shorten the button housings in the Note panel to the same length as the Micra ones....

Again junior hacksaw, craft knife and file, the one on the right is modified, with the modified Micra button fitted, and on the left unmodified, with Note button fitted....
These are the bits I cut off of the panel....

So there you have it, it is possible if you really try:cool:

edit:- it would appear that 2007-2010 Micra K12's with black heater control knobs as standard would be a simple straight swap over with the Note panel and knobs as shown above, no modification needed to the front panel and A/C and heated rear screen buttons.
So 2003-2006/7 modifications as shown above required, 2007-2010 straight swap over of panel and knobs:cool:

?

Last edited:

0LjXOFO.jpg

0mXNOXx.jpg

Now that's better

es5Qx0J.jpg

Hi I know this post was years ago but did your K12 come with that gearknob as standard or did you put it on yourself because I’m just asking round as to the best ways to remove the woeful standard knob? Also were those metal pedals standard or are they covers/ new pedals? Thanks. :)

OP
OP
John_D

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Hi I know this post was years ago but did your K12 come with that gearknob as standard or did you put it on yourself because I’m just asking round as to the best ways to remove the woeful standard knob? Also were those metal pedals standard or are they covers/ new pedals? Thanks. :)
Hi, standard knob and pedals on the Sport+, as is the body kit, rear spoiler and 16" 6.5J alloys, the same I suppose as the 160SR, which the car mimics in all but the engine and 'sports rated suspension', the last being 'fixed' with a full set of 160 SR springs and Koni shocks ;) ......

Hi, standard knob and pedals on the Sport+, as is the body kit, rear spoiler and 16" 6.5J alloys, the same I suppose as the 160SR, which the car mimics in all but the engine and 'sports rated suspension', the last being 'fixed' with a full set of 160 SR springs and Koni shocks ;) ......
Ahh okay thanks ;)