Heater box removal

Father in laws k12 has been stood for 2years, runs and back on road but rats have got inside heater box and it stinks, how do you remove the heater box? Can someone point me in the right direction.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
If it's a aircon car then it will have a cabin filter at the inlet to the heater box, before the fan. Itwould be a good starting point to remove the filter, get some compressed air into the aperture it came from and blow out any debis. Does the heater fan run when you turn it on? If you can solve the problem without removing the heater box it would be good as it is a mammoth task to strip it out on the K12.....

OP
OP
K

Kip

If it's a aircon car then it will have a cabin filter at the inlet to the heater box, before the fan. Itwould be a good starting point to remove the filter, get some compressed air into the aperture it came from and blow out any debis. Does the heater fan run when you turn it on? If you can solve the problem without removing the heater box it would be good as it is a mammoth task to strip it out on the K12.....
It's not an aircon car so has no pollen filter, that's what I was hoping for so the heater has to come out and possibly be replaced, they are cheep to buy.
Hope someone has removed one and can point me in the right direction to removing it.