Heated wing mirror

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
Hi I am trying to wire up my 2001 mirrors as heated ones right now. I noticed some of you guys have done retrofitting electric mirrors so I would appreciate if you could give me some advice.
I assumed a 5 pin connector on door panel right under mirror is for electric mirror and a pair of pins in the socket is for heating mirrors. However I cannot read any voltage coming to this connector. Does this mean my k11 does not have electric mirror wiring in the chassis as standard? In that case do I have to wire up from fuse box?

Thanks

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
Although the doors have all the wiring fitted. The main loom doesn't. You have to make up a loom and wire it in yourself. The 3 coloured wires move the mirror and the 2 black heat it.
Here's the wiring from the switch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Thank you, Agent Smi1th. This is very useful visual image for me. I read you have done this so I was tempted to pm you but you find me :). I managed to locate the missing wiring on the socket behind dash so I wired up them to the heater switch. Now I got a winter ready k11. I have got a switch with illumination so I will do it in spring time. The switch has folding button. Does it mean I need extra wiring to make it work???

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
DSC_0585_zps3ieks4ha.jpg
DSC_0001_zps8ogidq2j.jpg
DSC_0014_zpsncomz4ia.jpg
DSC_0016_zpsatn7lglp.jpg

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
Agent sm1th.
DSC_0023_zpsy87l7mwd.jpg
I just had a look on my connector. it has 3 additional wiring. Green one must be for illumination. Other two yellow.....may be for folding? Btw, do you know where I can get hold of these female terminals??

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
I mean the terminals for this sockets and other related ones. btw, I meant to say two extra wiring was a yellow/silver 3rd from bottom left and a white/blue 1st from bottom right. I am keen to know how they are connected to mirror.

Still don't understand why you need terminals for the pins as that connector just plugs into the switch. Do you mean terminations for the wires to extend them to the mirrors. I'll have to have a look how I wired the folding part as I can't remember.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Micra Sports Club mobile app

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
DSC_0037_zpsxyiczheh.jpg

I like to use existing connectors and wiring as much as I can. Of cause some connectors have missing terminals so I like to get hold of some like this female terminals. I can solder new wire to existing terminals but I prefer to replace.

OP
OP
yamaimo

yamaimo

Ex. Club Member
Thanks Agent Sm1th. I will fish around scrap yards near by me. I am looking forward to hearing about wiring info.