Heated Rear Screen Not Working...

I have a K11 micra L. The heated rear screen does not seem to be working. I have checked the fuse and this is ok and the connections on the window are ok. The only thing i have noticed is the switch doesnt light up when the lights are on or the little LED when you press it in. The rear fog & hazards button do light up

Do the switches go, is this a common thing? What is the best way to go about fixing it?

use a multimeter to test if the switch is receiving power. if it is, then change the switch for another one and see if that makes a difference.

Thread moved

oh rite, well it could cause the problem though, he says he has checked thre connections, not the actual element

the elements in the screen all look OK but got no way of testing them. The switch is just dead no lights at all.

PS sorry for posting in the wrong place

one more quick question does the button just pop out or do i have to take the dash off?

I believe that if the bulbs in the switch are blown then the switch wont work either.

I'm almot certain that is correct - get a multimeter and see if you get power a) at the switch and b) at the rear element itself.
Also, those copper pens/paint are pretty rubbish in my experience, but you may be able to get them to work.
Craig

I'm almot certain that is correct - get a multimeter and see if you get power a) at the switch and b) at the rear element itself.
Also, those copper pens/paint are pretty rubbish in my experience, but you may be able to get them to work.
Craig

right mate I will have a look tonight. I have got a multimeter (well my dad has) can anyone explain how I should test the switch with it?

You will need to get it out the dash, depress the switch (turn the rear heat on) and then put one probe on each of the connections at the rear of the switch, see if you get any current, then do the same at the element at the rear.

could anyone do me a big BIG favour and post me a copy of the wiring diagram for the heated rear window? I have got someone who said they woukld ring it out for me to see where the problem is but they need the wiring diagram and my Haynes has been held up!

Thanks!!

Back