Heat shields

While looking under my car, I found that most of the exhaust heat shields are more or less loose.

I can't really see how the exhaust system should become so hot, that it would cause any problems to remove them entirely.

Can anyone confirm my theory? Mostly concerned about the shield between the exhaust and fuel tank.
Thanks,

Ulrich

frank

Club Member
i removed all of mine a few years ago ulrich, but recently fitted 1 along the the front of the tank (side exit exhaust)

drand

1st Micraversary!
This happens a lot, they get loose and rattle so people remove them (front ones) without any ill effects.

So do you hear 30% of sounds , or 100% sounds 70% quieter ? :)
Bit of both, but mainly the second one, depends on what pitch they are....then your just talking to the wall LOL. Drives my mates up the wall repeating themselves 10 times. Means my car is the quietest on the forum. :D

While looking under my car, I found that most of the exhaust heat shields are more or less loose.

I can't really see how the exhaust system should become so hot, that it would cause any problems to remove them entirely.

Can anyone confirm my theory? Mostly concerned about the shield between the exhaust and fuel tank.
Thanks,

Ulrich
Just remove the front ones, keep the fuel tank shield. I have done this to my last 3 k11's with no problems, even drove to the mediteranian 4 up a few months ago where it was blooming hot and had no ill effects.

frank

Club Member
What did you use Frank can I ask?
some left-over thin alloy sheet andy :)

P9120097.JPG