Headlights!!

I can’t seem to make high beams stay on. I had a mate driving yesterday, people were flashing me. I couldn’t figure it out. I have checked the manual and it doesn’t specify how to make them stay on. I know in my instructors car you just pulled forward twice I seem to recall.
the problem yesterday that I discovered upon playing around when I’d returned home was I had the light/ indicator stick pushed forwards towards dash which meant lights were low?
I’ll have another play today before leaving !!! But I’m sure I couldn’t get them to stay on high beam or should it just be a quick thing. So sorry to sound so noobish both to the car itself and indeed to driving.
thanks in advance
Nissan micra se 2006 automatic petrol

Normally folks are driving low beams on, "light/ indicator stick pushed forwards towards dash which meant lights were low?" :rolleyes: :unsure:
On my Micra high beams are on, when light/indicator stick pushed forwards towards dash, blue light in dash comes on.
And by pulling lever towards you can flash your high beams.

Sorry I reread what I wrote and it does sound senseless. I’ll have a try tonight and see if I can figure it out and if a problem will post back more coherently.

Normally folks are driving low beams on, "light/ indicator stick pushed forwards towards dash which meant lights were low?" :rolleyes: :unsure:
On my Micra high beams are on, when light/indicator stick pushed forwards towards dash, blue light in dash comes on.
And by pulling lever towards you can flash your high beams.
Yes mine are working right as you explained.

Because I had it pushed forward yesterday, it was of course going high beam all the time eeek …good job I only went to maccie ds. Silly question but then what is purpose of the first lights on this switch that face each other??‍♀️.

"Purpose of the first lights on this switch that face each other" it will switch on small lights that are top of the head lights and tail lights.
Here in the Land of the Finns they are called 'park lights'. They are also called 'position lights'.

14998970.jpg

*1st click used to be 'side lights' ,,
*park lights was when the same lights came on with an indicator with ignition off, generally leaving the light on towards the centre of the road usually an unlit road.
*second position was dip(close) main (far)
now we have auto dam lights that come on under trees and people think they got flashed and get hit by a car at 60mph.
*then you have people like me, i just turn on lights at night. one of my staff come out of work late in my van, and rings me to say 'everyone is flashing, iv only front lights' ,no you idiot, thats the DRL's, there is a switch. .. to screaming and shouting that im stupid for not having them on auto, said the idiot who couldnt just turn them on. ? technology is funny on stupid people ??

Back