Headlights

How can I clean the inside of headlight lens, or can I?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How can I clean the insideof my headlights or isit not possible?

Possible with ice cubes, shaken vigorously, when inserted through the lamp holder orifice after removing the headlamp assembly from the vehicle. Possible to clean inside in this way & reseal leaks with clear silicon, but it is hardly worth the time & effort. Quicker and easier to replace them job & finish first time.
Good luck

Last edited:
I have done same task with mild hand dis washing liquid and mixture of water, shaken well and rinse many times. And using gently hairdryer to get lamp totally dry from In side. I wouldn't use ice cubes, they most likely cause mechanical scratching to very thin silver coating.

I have done same task with mild hand dis washing liquid and mixture of water, shaken well and rinse many times. And using gently hairdryer to get lamp totally dry from In side. I wouldn't use ice cubes, they most likely cause mechanical scratching to very thin silver coating.
Thanks for your reply

Possible with ice cubes, shaken vigorously, when inserted through the lamp holder orifice after removing the headlamp assembly from the vehicle. Possible to clean inside in this way & reseal leaks with clear silicon, but it is hardly worth the time & effort. Quicker and easier to replace them job & finish first time.
Good luck
Thanks for reply

Back