headlights when lowered?

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
right now that the car has been lowered it has been brought to my attention that the headlights may not be shining in the correct place.

can i just use the in car headlight height adjuster dial to alter the beam :) or is it more complicated?

all help appreciated cheers, graeme

headlight adjusters make the lights point down mate, for wen u got stuff in boot or trailer etc. dont worry it aint much, i aint noticed it a lot to be honest....

as far as i am aware lowering the car shouldnt have affected the lights from an mot point of view at least, cos when they test the the machine is set based on where the light is, if the light is lowered so will the beam tester so it should be the same, but on the back of the light there is an adjuster that will lower or raise the light beam, if you take your car to a garage that does mots they should be able to set it up for you so that it is corrected without you having to touch the interior beam adjuster, otherwise if your car is due for an mot soon, they should do it then anyway.

cheers guys, tommo my headlight adjuster has been set a 1 since i got the car :) thought putting it back to 0 would have helped a little :D

cheers again guys, graeme

Putting it back to 0 will help, but it shouldnt make that much difference with being lowered, it wont be an mot fail if thats wot ur worried about....

Back