headlight probs

M

MTB

:p Hi all, i replaced my h light bulb because my left one conked out, im stuck though as the new one doesent work either, i tested the old one and guess what that works 2 DOH!!!!, should have checked before buying a new one hehe, so it isnt the bulb thats the prob and not the fuse, can anyone help, thx:p.

how do you know it aint the fuse??

have you checked in the engine bay fuse box?

also check connectivity between the fused section and the bulb end.

check the connectivity between tha cable and teh plug end. (insecure wire within the plug)

wayne

hi m8, checked the fuse its fine and even changed it, wires etc and the plug are all fine mmmmmmmm, thx m8.

This may sound but try it anyway. Hit it!

My llight was doing the same, so i hit it one and i've never had any problem with it since!
Be careful tho!

Sounds like uve got the dreaded wiring problem, have u checked the connector that goes to the bulbs (the black box in the back of the headlight) and that all the wiring is correct in it. I had problems so ripped all the wires out of the box, added new end (females? ) and then connected them back up and they worked.

yes m8 i did and all seems good, ill take it to another garage with a spark in it tommorrow and se what he comes up with, thx for the help guys:].

All fixed now peeps was a faulty wire on the light stock at the wheel, cost me £20 though:[.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, headlights workeing k now nut the buzzing sound from the stalk has came back when puttin my sidelights on, anyone any ideas what it could b?,, obviously the garage hasnt fixed the problem properly IDIOTS!!!, thx MTB.

is this for a k11? if so i have a stalk that was changed when i installed a fog light kit so it doesnt have the front fog light switch in it

I have the same thing, my problem is due to the fuse box connections for the fuse being damaged, seen this on quite a few micras.

I wedge the fuse in so it stays connected fine but plan to re-wire it

Back