Headlight mis-alignment

zipin

Buy & Sell Member
Hi new to Forum. Recently bought wife a 55plate 1.6 SR which she really loves and is perfect for her. Anyway she was getting flashed by oncoming traffic so I had a look and the nearside headlamp is shining miles out of true roundabout 180 degrees out, so this is actually lighting peoples upstairs rooms it's that bad. I was going to have a look but the weather is really naff at the minute so started to search net for info...hence joining this really useful forum. Can it be as simple as the bulb being fitted incorrectly since the lights can be adjusted at various different heights. Even if its had a new lens at some time then the headlamp housing is seperate and shouldnt be affected. No obvious signs of the car being bumped/repaired just wondered if somethings adrift with the adjustable levelling mechanism ? any help appreciated. Thanks zipin

its actually quite easy as it sounds like someone has put the bulb in without pulling up the dipped beam plastic thingy just have a fiddle about you will get it in the end i cant remember exactly how i done mine?where are you from? failing that park next to a wall put your lights on and use a pozi screw driver(philips sorry) and play with the adjusters on the back :eek:)make sure your beam is set at the lowest point (the roller switch by your drivers door on the right hand side of the steering wheel)hope that helps?oh yeah just thought!the adjuster comes out that sounds like your problem take it out...lift up the plastic silver thingy and reinsert the adjuster?lol

Fixed. Looks like theres been a new unit fitted without being aligned. Impossible to adjust in situ so removed whole unit and backed off plastic threaded adjusters a bit at a time.
(Wouldnt like to try change a bulb on these things now I've had a look.)

Back