Headlight levelling inoperative.... Ideas?

2005 K12. Failed its mot for "headlight levelling device cannot be operated from drivers seat"

Relatives car. I presume they mean the dashboard switch doesn't move the lights up /down.

Not got access to the car yet but wondering if there are any common faults that could give an easy fix?

I'll check the fuse, see if the motor makes any noise etc... Anything else that often fails??

Not sure here would say check fuse.
Must be that or wiring since neither move?
If it was the motor one may still operate.
Check grounds are clean also that might be a good place to start after fuse check.
Ps mine failed for number plate lamp on rear. Was probably just corrosion on the connector points I didn't see but would advise if something like that to ask to see the part afterwards if you get it changed.
Doubt it would take much effort to swap one over.
You should be able to hear the motors activate when adjusting when the car is in accessory mode meaning with out start but key in position 1.
Not sure if the lights have to be turned on also for the motor to engage.
If it's not working after checks like these maybe try removing one of the lights and checking the connections to make sure they are able to pass voltages.
The motor is a separate wire please correct me if I'm wrong as I've not removed mine before only seen photos of underside of lights online.

Last edited: