Headlight Condensation

Hi,

I've had a Micra for around 2 months now, pre-reg so was new.

However I am constantly noticing condensation in the rear headlights where it's easily visible. Should I be concerned about this?

I've never noticed this before on my previous cars, including a Renault Zoe (which is made in the same factory).

- Ryan

Hi,

I've had a Micra for around 2 months now, pre-reg so was new.

However I am constantly noticing condensation in the rear headlights where it's easily visible. Should I be concerned about this?

I've never noticed this before on my previous cars, including a Renault Zoe (which is made in the same factory).

- Ryan

Hi, i have slight condensation only at the front lights of a K14. I would report it under warranty, for the rear lights.

Br.

It turns out it's apparently normal as I found in the Manual it says it's normal.

Surprised that it was so noticable. But guess it's because it's red shells rather than my previous which was clear with red bulbs.

if they're using LEDs they don't get hot so there's not much evaporation, in this case they should be sealed units but it's renault so they just write their cost cutting measures into the manual as features or quirks

If they get hot, you can usually clear the condensation by keeping the tail + brake lights on for an hour and the steam will escape through the seal the same way it got in there

If not, and the covers are glass, you can remove the bulbs so there is a hole opening into the boot and then use a hairdryer or a heatgun (from far enough away not to crack it) to heat up the glass, then once it escapes stuff a clean rag into the hole until it cools down, and replace the bulb holder. With plastic covers you might get away with using a hairdryer for a while but at your own risk of clouding or ruining the coatings

The other way is to remove them from the car and bring them inside to a dry corner of the house and leave them disassembled for 48 hours

It's cleared for a while now (It's been 2 months since I OPd).

To be honest if they're not sealed it's fine and renault say they're not. I didn't notice it on my renault before so thought it was an issue but when I found it in the manual I left it. (I was having dealership issues so wanted more stuff to use against them).

Common on most new cars , just run the lights on,
See alot specially led lights that are bad for it
I always run my lights, keeps the clean and the car visable ect , same as use the heater , rareoy ever have damp ect issues even if the car sits

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app

That could be why I'm not noticing it now. It was a Pre-reg which from some notes was sitting on sale as the pre-reg from September (to november when I got it) but logged as the dealership got it in April.

It's cleared for a while now (It's been 2 months since I OPd).

To be honest if they're not sealed it's fine and renault say they're not. I didn't notice it on my renault before so thought it was an issue but when I found it in the manual I left it. (I was having dealership issues so wanted more stuff to use against them).
oh fair, I didn't see the dates

At least the issue is sorted now