Headlight compatibility

I've just purchased a 2005 (55) plate micra and I need to replace a headlight. There are plenty around but I'm confused as to what will fit - some dealers on eBay say 2003-2007 model , some say 2003-2005... On appearance they look the same? The indicators I can see changed around 2005/2006 (it's got the newer ones with clear lens and silver detail through middle). Any advice would be great! Most are from 2003 models, so will that fit?

As far as I know all of them fit into the same space with the same fasteners and wiring. There are only some cosmetic changes to the outer lense and inner trim, like chrome or not.

I take a very careful look at things like the wiring connectors( size and shape) and at where the mounting nuts sit. You can usually see if it will fit or not.
The manufacturers spend a lot of money on designing the basic vehicle, the inner workings and details, and then they make the external stuff easy to change when they bring in the " new " model and charge you more.

So if the outside looks the same, like the wing panels and bonnet, chances are that the changes between the year models are literally only the shape of the plastic over the globes.
I think the redesign of the Micra happened in 2011, so anything from 2003 to 2011 should be interchangeable.
Keep in mind where I live, small matters like road worthiness are left up to the individuals, so you may need to check if the MOT? will let you change things around

Luckily they fitted so I can confirm 03 lights fit 06+ models perfectly. Reason for change was my Mes had bought a 55 plate that had been in a cosmetic bump (panels and cooling components were fine). Had to refit indicator housing , bumper and light.

Back