Headlamp bulbs

This is a stupis question but i'm new to the car scene. Only just passed my test and need some advice. I have a HID kit in my car but it doesn't seem to be working right. Is there anyway to buy some lights that give the same affect woth the blue tint without using a HID kit?

drand

1st Micraversary!
Osram night breaker (night breaker plus in my mine) are excellent bulbs, but they aren't blue. I think that's a good thing personally. You won't really get the HID look without having the real thing-all the blue tint bulbs I've ever seen have been rubbish. I'd save your money.

Got my ceramic bulb holders today :) here's the rub. they have black, blue and white wires. The micra has black, brown/red, and brown/ blue wires !
Here's my guess at wiring them.
Black to black.
Brown/red to white.
Brown/blue to blue.
What do you think of that ??? I don't mind being a dumb arse.
Also ordered some of those gold night breakers, we'll see, or not !!!

drand

1st Micraversary!
Do you have the old bulb holder to compare against? The thing to do would be to wire it so the same wire on the loom goes to the same position on the bulb holder, then you can't go wrong.

Do you have the old bulb holder to compare against? The thing to do would be to wire it so the same wire on the loom goes to the same position on the bulb holder, then you can't go wrong.
Trouble is drand, the wires on the holder are in different places !!! to the original.
If I wire incorrectly (highly probable) will that blow my bulb ???

drand

1st Micraversary!
Ok. A h4 only fits one way though, so you might be able to work it out if you can tell which pin goes to which wire. (appreciate that night not be possible).
You would be unlucky to blow the bulb if its wrong but could use an old bulb in case.

Good luck.

Ok. A h4 only fits one way though, so you might be able to work it out if you can tell which pin goes to which wire. (appreciate that night not be possible).
You would be unlucky to blow the bulb if its wrong but could use an old bulb in case.

Good luck.
Wahay!!!!!:D Took your advice drand, I now have a pair of working headlights - cheers bud. I owe you a few pints if we ever meet ;)
Did it first time as well, so if anyone needs a bit of electrical advice - I'm your man .... now I'm qualified :rolleyes:

Fitted my Osram gold, special edition, super duper nightbreaker bulbs today, I'll try them later when I go down the pub.
Reading the guff on the back, even the manufacturer says they have a short/ish life compared to standards, we'll see.
That glow you see in the sky tonight will be me, or the Northen lights.

Fitted my Osram gold, special edition, super duper nightbreaker bulbs today, I'll try them later when I go down the pub.
Reading the guff on the back, even the manufacturer says they have a short/ish life compared to standards, we'll see.
That glow you see in the sky tonight will be me, or the Northen lights.

Got any pictures?