Head light painting??

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys...this has been posted before, but i cant find any of the old threads, so apologies for re-posting.

Just wondering where the painting of the inside of your headlights was legal..and would it past an M.O.T...I wasn't sure whether it effected the headlights in anyway (apart from looks).

Im planning on doing it to mine in a few days... Iv got a heat gun and to my knowledge the process is:

- Remove headlight
-Head the lens edge so the sealant melts
- Slowly pull lens away from headlight
- Take out a certain part of the inside (not to sure what part that is)
- spray and let it dry...
- put it back in the headlight, warm the sealant up, and stick lens and headlamp (going round the edge with some new sealant just to make sure?

Is that right??
So yeah, i know i have woffled on, but basically:
*Is it legal? Will it pass an M.O.T? and is that how you do it? lol
Sorry to be a pain lads...and here is a picture of what i mean when i say headlight painting:
How it looks on a Facelift:
14b19cc7-1.jpg

How it looks on a Pre-Facelift:
ridr3k.jpg

As far as im aware, as long as what your painting doesnt affect the colour or the beam pattern, then its legal. im only going on what iv read though as my car is completely standard...still :(

Thanks Lucasmax....Could somebody back him up on this? Just wanted confirmation before i start doing it later on this week....

I also forgot that when your a full member you get to see the modding guides..So dont worry about that part of the question guys!!

So i just need to know where this will still be allowed throught the M.O.T and wether it is legal??

as far as i know i think it is legal and mot passable as long as it dosnt affect the beam patten on head lights and you can still see the indicaters my mate has done it on his scooby and that passed last week so im sure it will no probs. hope this helps. :)

Back