head gasket fail?

teletubbies.jpg

I decided to take the head off again and take it to head reaurfising company and see what they say. Might save me few hundred bucks for new engine or might not.

Took the head of again. getting too fast at it. done in couple of hours :D

Got the head skimmed and it was seriously ****ed. I am planning on putting in back together on friday so hopefully it'll be sorted

Installed the head and its still ****ed. "gutted" Its the block that must be ****ed as some of you said before. I bough second hand 15k engine from note. I am determined to save her!

a cylinder block is a solid piece of metal tho, i,ve seem plenty of distorted heads but never a block mate, i would try a different torque personally george.
i always give mine about 100nm, then back each one off 1 full turn and wack it back down (1 at a time) and thats with a £12 ebay h/g, running half a bar np

Nearly there. If anyone ever decided to put k12 engine in with the gearbox still in the car DO NOT do it.
There is no room what so ever.

Blimey George, you don't hang about! Will be fab to see her with a new engine in :).

Nearly there. If anyone ever decided to put k12 engine in with the gearbox still in the car DO NOT do it.
There is no room what so ever.
when we do engine work on these at work such as timing chains we drop the whole engine and box out the bottom, we finds easiest but all depends on if you can do it i suppose

Back