head gasket change urgent

I've refitted the head and new gasket I've done the belt and I rotating it to make sure its ok. My oil pump idler thing is making a loud click when i rotate it a full 2 turns of the cam pully. is this meant to do this. I'd appreciate a quick answer as I'm wanting this done sooner than later.

thanks

anybody?

mintykart

it does,nt sound right to me, i would pull the pump shaft out and check for any marks, and check it spins ok (ie, not bent)

Well I've took the head off again and put the shaft and idler back, I can rotate it with my finger but it doesn't spin as such. I don't recall being able to rotate it 1st time. Should it spin like a bike wheel or should I just be able to turn it.
Thanks

Yeah. It should still be full of oil. It was fairly easy to turn. Just fairly tricky due to it being recessed, covered in oil and pointy. I should be finishing it up tomorrow then with the weather permitting. Do you or anybody else have any tips this job. I found the tensioner didn't take up much of the slak on the belt the 1st time I fitted it. Haynes say it should on 2 full rotations of the cam. Ive done heads b4 but you have to push or leaver the tensioner which you can't seem to do on this car. I'm also used to front facing engine as opposed to one that faces the wing.

Back