• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

HDI Intercooler fitted!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
turbo_pipe

The first of many issues with fitting this kit was getting the intercooler pipe from the turbo past my relocated air filter setup.

airfilter

Managed to re-position it to allow the intercooler pipes to run by it.

airfilter2

I might have to get some more samco and piping as the airfilter piping sits a little lower to the ground, there is more clearance then it looks, but it's about an inch lower then before due to the piping.

hdi_intercooler

Temporary cable ties holding the intercooler, only drill bit I didn't have for metal was the one I needed grr. It's still fixed securely with mounts underneath into the chassis.

hdi_front1

Lots of trimming required to get the huge cooler to sit behind the bumper, reasonable neat job, however I've decided I'm going with a custom bumper soon anyway, so I wasn't too worried.

hdi_front

Another pic from the front

engine_top

Engine now looks much more open and easy to work on, next job is to give a big clean up.

Also notice no BOV, I inquired about my HKS SSQV fitting with the new setup, I was told it would fit fine, but after buying the small samco hosing, I now need another adapter as the one I have only works with the stock intercooler setup.

So I now have to wait until I can get that part to even drive the thing.

Anyway lots of progress made and nice to actually get some time to spend modifying the car

Kev

Back