hazzard and indicators not working

I have a k11 mk2 micra.

The indicators started not always working the other day and have now stopped working all together.

Pressing the hazard button no longer does anything. It does not even light up.

I bought a second hand hazard button off ebay but it does not light up either or do anything?

If I press the hazard button or the indicator stick I hear a single click behind the steering wheel I think. No lights come on.

I looked at the fuses by the steering wheel but they looked ok to me.

Is it worth trying to change the flasher relay box? Is this the sort of symptoms that might be cause by it being worn out? Or are these symptoms more like something else? I don't suppose a bad bulb could make it behave like this?

Incidentally if a new flasher box is needed can I just buy a generic version from somewhere easily?

Thanks for any thoughts.

My one is not a flasher can like I've seen on older cars looks similar to a relay box so I'd guess it's not a generic item.
If all other lights work then the flasher sounds like the next thing to check, see if you are getting power to the flasher before replacing...

I have the same problem. 2 mechanics and £355 later still no resolve. Nissan k11 2002
Did you get this resolved? Mine stopped working and it was the flasher relay. Unplug the old one under the steering column near where you knee would be and plug in the replacement. Best thing to do is unplug the non-functional one first so you can get the correct part number though. Took me a couple of attempts to find the correct fitting part.

Attachments

• IMG_20220814_192411.jpg
    IMG_20220814_192411.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
Bingo.. I have already got this item. I have anithr mechanic looking at it tomorrow. It is the last piece to the puzzle. Everything has been checked and is fine.
I will let you know if all is good again.
Thank you!

Well, it felt like a long road. But my indicator's are working again.
Thank you MicraMikey. The issue was the relay.
For future reference if you're reading this with same problem, please make sure you get the correct relay (picture above). I bought the wrong one where the pins were in the wrong way round (E - B) which the mechanic sussed and rewired it to the correct (B - E) Check picture for the Nissan K11 2002.
This forum has helped me, so adding an addition piece will help everyone else who reads this.

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_095628_659.jpg
    IMG_20220817_095628_659.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 234
Well, it felt like a long road. But my indicator's are working again.
Thank you MicraMikey. The issue was the relay.
For future reference if you're reading this with same problem, please make sure you get the correct relay (picture above). I bought the wrong one where the pins were in the wrong way round (E - B) which the mechanic sussed and rewired it to the correct (B - E) Check picture for the Nissan K11 2002.
This forum has helped me, so adding an addition piece will help everyone else who reads this.
Glad you got it sorted.