Have anyone tried EBB's micro micra mods?

Hi everyone!

As the top question says, have any of you mates tried the small mods and felt the extra KW?

Im acctually pretty happy whit my standart k11 1,3, but a litlle more power here and the wouldt hurt.

So can you fell it, when you fx. changes the spark plugs to the Super4's and the spark plug cabels, to the non restricted coppercore's and so on?

PS. Sorry if my english is bad, Im just a stupid Viking from Denmark ;)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Hi everyone!

As the top question says, have any of you mates tried the small mods and felt the extra KW?

Im acctually pretty happy whit my standart k11 1,3, but a litlle more power here and the wouldt hurt.

So can you fell it, when you fx. changes the spark plugs to the Super4's and the spark plug cabels, to the non restricted coppercore's and so on?

PS. Sorry if my english is bad, Im just a stupid Viking from Denmark ;)

First of all, don't put yourself down. We welcome any and all nationalities within the MSC, so no stupid Viking references needed :)

I would say the answer to your question is both yes and no.

The majority of EBB's modifications, (with the exception of his 'Maxi Evo' cylinder head of which the gains are questionable given the effort required), had already been done and proven by a member here called Frank. So EBB's mods essentially just provide further proof of mods already carried out by Frank ;)

Many people on here have used Franks modifications to achieve what they wanted to achieve on their cars. Therefore, all be it indirectly, I guess one could say that people have tried EBB's modifications and gained some extra KW.

aha thhis kinda answers thhe second part of one of my threads. So may i ask just to clarify these bosch super 4's will increase power right? if fitted with some thicker aftermarket leads if yes which leads are good for the price? and do the boschs have 4 flints instead of 1 hence the name or is that not relevant.

I have a 1.3 1999 t reg micra mods are small full janspeed exhaust from mani back, alloys and spax springs and shocks, however i have the standard middle cat that i have bashed out (honeycombs gone now :D) however this makes a tinny rattling noise under acceleration sounds sh*t also i smell petrol from exhaust section after accelerating doubt this is normal maybe because of the bashed honeycomb from the cat, anyway i should replace it with a straight pipe welded on to the bolts section of the cat??? so i dont have to weld it onto the new exhaust system as that would ruin it.

Thanks for anyone who responds, regards, Asif ! :) and yes i'm kind of new to this game of modding the micra, but hey i wanna learn the best mods from the pros

ok so they're just all talk and no puff haha, and i guess leads are cr*p too? i think i'll just put a straight pipe where my bashed cat is then take the modding from there :p

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i think it was to do with the k11 ebbdude and others have ignition system is able to create stronger spark using the modded leads, then using the bosch 4's.

i have noticed a little free;er reving with decat x2 on my 1.3 prefacelift micra

aah so a new distributer would be needed or not? by that i mean can you just put leads and super 4's in the micra and expect to gain a little like you said

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
have you got the coilpack engine ?
i done only plugs, at service time. i gapped mine slightly more then twisted the distributor where i enjoy the responsive ness.
i cannot comment on gains the maxi/micro blogs do some of that. the choice is yours the direction you go in, so i advise to ask on here.

nah i have the distributor 1.3 l 1999 model, what does gapping do? does it ignite better and how would i go aboutt gapping them,

also what do you mean twisted distributor...sorry for bombarding you with questions lol :D

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
no probs this place is decent like that.
just gonna ask what car did you enjoy the ride in like power wise ? and how do you want your k11 behaving ?

sorry don't know what you mean by ''what car did you enjoy the ride in like power wise ?'' and i would like a decent 0-60 time like 7/8 seconds and i also would like it to pull well from speed say im doing 20/30 mph id like to pick up speed also same if i'm doing say 40mph or 60mph i'd like to just drop it a gear and for that speed boost to kick in :p i've drove my friends bmw m6/ gtr35 and golf r32 and they do just that ;) obviously a micra can't match them well maybe a hgh boost turbo micra could give the r32 a run for its money

Nice one buddy!! I will take a look at this tomorrow as I'm off to bed gotta wake up at 6am :(. we shall talk tomorrow :D

OP
OP
D

DUB

Holy S¤"%T, could you be more active in 12 hours! XD

Out of all the things you have discussed, I can conclude that, these smal mods ar'nt remarkable on a stock engine? but would work well, lets say whit higher lift on the cams, 1,4/1,6/1,8 injectors and fuel pressur regulator?

And a nother thing. my dad says (25 years as Nissan mechanic) that there'r a big chance, that the coppercore spark-wires would F"#k up the radio/sterio because of the magneticfields? have any of you experiancet that?

*LowRider : thank you for the "welcome speach" ;)

Reg, that looks like a turbo setup but very nice i'll read more of it when i get home :p, DUB i reckon they all add up it's just that i've only tried the janspeed system from mani back, and it seems to have made a difference, a n15 throttle body is said to be a great direct bolt on, i reckon i will have to try the lightened flywheel, throttle body, cams ecu map on nistune board and maybe higher compression pistons but got to find out which mods complement each other i dont wanna spend money to find out one mod has cancelled the other out, also need to save up a little more, as funds when i'm
a student are low :(

and yes if i'm correct with the normal copper wires and aftermarket plugs the current may transfer between metal objetcs in the engine bay, so would be best to get thicker aftermarket leads/wires whatever you want to call them :)

OP
OP
D

DUB

Your are properly rigth!... in the end, the easyest mod with the higest outcome of BHP seamse to be boost?
Its only (if you got accses a tig or a good mig welder) making a minifold to a smal turbo, fit som oil housing, make a downpipe and put a silicon tube to the throttle body and GO! XD

yeah nothing beats the sound of a turbo that BOV sound is orgasmic haha, with turbos comes porblems aswell though but i guess its ok with lower boost like 6 psi or something, i'm trying to keep it n/a atm my goal is like 7/8 seconds 0-60 and a nice bit of torque when you drop that gear and put your foot down :D, i'm living at home so it's all good but i use my micra as a dai;ly commuter to uni and back 42 miles there and 42 back so n/a is the way to go for me at the moment, but i will deffo turbo my micra after i finish uni god willing, ;)

sweet! bet that was an experience, i love high powered small cars (within reason abviously, don't wan them blowing up lol)

euro_micra

Matt :)
The modifications I've tried that have been covered in Ebbdudes blog are the overgapped super4's and removing material off the t/b butterfly shaft. Both gave a small improvement, but barely noticeable, would see better gains by removing the rear seat.
I'm a fan of using a turbo as a daily, gives better middle range grunt, whereas n/a is typically all top-end.

Matt may i ask how youu gap the super fours? and which part of the throttle body? i've heard a n15 (pulsar) t/b is great as a bolt on for the micra and the wiring fits perfect, and Dub, not sure if that turbo will work maybe needs alot of work but you could ask Frank on here or Ed they probs have aan idea, a t25 garrett is good but a lil pricy, also try to plan out all the stuff you need to change includng bolting the turbo such as will you ned to change any gaskets, oil return etc

euro_micra

Matt :)
Matt may i ask how youu gap the super fours? and which part of the throttle body? i've heard a n15 (pulsar) t/b is great as a bolt on for the micra and the wiring fits perfect, and Dub, not sure if that turbo will work maybe needs alot of work but you could ask Frank on here or Ed they probs have aan idea, a t25 garrett is good but a lil pricy, also try to plan out all the stuff you need to change includng bolting the turbo such as will you ned to change any gaskets, oil return etc

I used pliers, a bit of care and feeler gauges to check. But I wouldn't advise people to buy them, I got mine for the same price as the ngk's so I took a shot, I wouldn't pay anymore for them personally.
The throttle body mod is covered in ebbdudes blog somewhere, aswell as in another thread a month or two ago. Just removes material to increase flow, opens it up by about 15mm2, ga16 t/b's are about 30mm2 increase iirc.

You hot a link to the guide mate? And I've heard that the ga16 and 15 TBs work you reckon bigger ga15 injectors will also be needed with the TB for some power?

I have a 1.3 1999 t reg micra mods are small full janspeed exhaust from mani back,

That's a shame, probably one of the best mods is the exhaust manifold expansion one, (and the 1.3l camshafts) which is the only bit you haven't got. eeek

EBBDudes mods are all good, but they all add up, you need a few of them to really feel it. that prolong oil additive is chuffin expensive though.

Hey reflex mate I have the manifold that's why I said from manifold back :D ;) so basically I have the full janspeed system including manifold sorry for the confusion