Has anyone vinyl wrapped their car or parts of it? Thoughts

Hi fellow microns

I'm new to the club, i ve an 03 plate visia,I've bought some vinyl its a gloss black hoping to do the door pillars.
Has anyone else used this , what are your thoughts?

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
I did my -06 3 door pillars with black, easy to do with little bit patience.
It made big difference to Micras apperance, now mine looks 2 door "coupe"! :D

IMG_0193_zpsvkfvfchp.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
EK10
I did my -06 3 door pillars with black, easy to do with little bit patience.
It made big difference i to Micras apperance, now mine looks 2 door "coupe"! :D

Nice : ), i have been using vinyl for the pillars and light smoke vinyl tint for the headlight like ancheap alternative to the eye mask. I shall have to upload some pics tomorrow. Mika have you ever used light bulb paint?, i was thinking of using it for the instrument lights.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
I have smoke tinted piece of plastic that I use cover speedo etc. when driving in dark, since these vehicles don't have adjustable instrument lighting :(
Have you thought adding piece of colored plastic to chance instrument lighting? Cheap and easy... :rolleyes:

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
My rear turn signals aka blinkers are taped with orange/amber tape, I don't like those original clear/white with orange bulbs.
And I made orange side turn signals by taking base from original clear blinkers and bought from ebay pair of Renault/Nissan orange blinkers and used orange lenses with little bit of cutting and gluing I have orange side blinkers.
I got Renault Twingo antenna to mine, instead of that 80cm long original, shorter one looks much better and radio works just fine.

IMG_0197_zps9zepqlg4.jpg

IMG_0196_zpscgzrbbfj.jpg

Copy%20of%20IMG_0162_zpsjsbm2mcc.jpg

IMG_0195_zps2ijznwen.jpg

Last edited:

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Thats sounds like a better idea :D . Any more cheap mods you know Mika. :)
Depanding your taste and budget, changing rear K12 "Micra"-badge to K11 badge, older one looks much better IMO. I'II install mine when I will found it, lost in the garage... :oops:

Micra%20K11%20Badge_zpskceg3b3c.jpg

Last edited:

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Yes, I have the badge. Actually I have 3 of them. I ordered folding bicycle from your island and it happens to be almost same blue as my Micra.
I'm gonna put 2 of the badges to bicycles frame :D
Small problem is that I still don't know where badges are in my messy garage :oops:
-Mika-