Has anyone fitted an QG15DE into a K11?

Hi guys,

I have a spare engine knocking around and am tempted to pop it into my K11 ready for some N/A tuning. Now I know many have gone for SR20 swaps etc but as I have this lump and the shell is likely to be benefit from the extra hp I wondered if anyone had started or carried out the swap?

I know I will need custom/cut driveshafts and modification on the engine mounts can anyone else suggest what else as I have the entire engine, gearbox, ECU, and driveshafts from the N16 ready to go into the K11. I also intend to use the N16 hubs front and rear as an upgrade for the brakes etc.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

the QG,s share the same maf as the coilpack k11 eh, and the k11 coilpack gearbox is the same as the N16 1.5 and maybe ecu,s too, so a QG18 into a post 2000 k11 is a go-er imo :cool:

1.8 is for my N16, so the spare 1.5 is destined for the K11 and a few N/A tweaks to unleash some power (albeit not much into the old girl). The 1.5 isn't bad in the much heavier N16 so should be ideal in the K11.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

it's an S reg 1.3 GX want to fit Almera N16 hubs also including brakes also to allow for wheel options and improved stopping etc.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk
maybe easier to patch the dash wiring on a facelift eh, and did the 1.5 have drum rears ?

I knew it! :D

Knew you couldn't keep this one standard too! :D
Bought another one 1.0 auto for the missus so this one is going to make use of spare engine and tidy this one up nothing major but ensure it's a keeper.

maybe easier to patch the dash wiring on a facelift eh, and did the 1.5 have drum rears ?

They did but mine were changed to disc setup and I'd like to see if that would work somehow on the K11.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Back