Question: Harness mounting points

Hi all. Im currently working on my first ever build of a stage car, Its a micra K11. I have a question about how to mount the harness eyelets for a six point harness.
Im fitting a cage with a harness bar so the shoulder strap mountings are sorted.
Question is about the other four, I have seen all of the drawings about angles ect and get all that.
But is it acceptable to use the original seatbelt mounting holes on the 'b' posts to screw into or do they have to be the welded on mounts with eyelets??
Also I understand that the eyelets for the floor mounts have to be welded on but am I right in thinking that the mounting plate should go the opposite side to the eyelet? i.e. the mounting plate would be welded to the underside of the car floor and a hole made to pass the eyelet through from the inside?
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Photos would also be of huge benifit.
Thanks

Hi

Good question. We have the lap straps fixed into the original b pillar seatbelt mounts, new holes in the transmission tunnel for the other lapstrap (speader plate andno weld), and the crotch straps into new holes in the floor with spreader plates no welds. These have been approved by the original msa scutineer for the log book and many events afterwards.

Hope that helps
Jools

Original seat belt mounts are your best bet. For any harness :)
The backing plate I prefer to weld into place or at least tack into place to stop bolts moving completely :)

Back