Hard top or soft top

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I was asked by my mate to bid on a 4x4 on fleabay 220899867840 now as you can see the car in the photo clearly is a hardtop and is also described in description as a hardtop.....But when you go on a price comparison web site for a quote it shows as a soft top and there is the dilema...Ive used comparison sites many times and the description has allways been spot on but not in this case. Is there any other way of checking it without costing money FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE is better.:grinning:

essexpunx

Site Supporter
Try the other comparison sites to see what it comes up as, also try the dvlc website and vosa, also check if it's a grey import or not as this could have insurance implications.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I sent seller an email with my concerns about this and quess what, Item is no longer for sale just goes to show you.......

Billyo

Buy & Sell Member
Just looked too!

Just looked too, It's not unusual for the DVLA or who you like to call them to get things wrong, either because the manufactuer gave them the wrong info or just by a type error by one of their staff, read the artical in Practical Classics of few months ago on DVLA and Allegro models that were never in even made, such as hatchbacks ect. The poor ######s at DVLA have their work cut out, you've only got to sit in the queue at a local office and listen the muppets and scammers giving the counter staff a hard time. Ps. I dont work for them, sometimes have to go there for work.