Happy new year- Now a member

K10

Ex. Club Member
Hi folks,

As its the new year I have decided to treat myself to membership- its not that often I get to come and chat with you all on here but I feel as I use the forum "often enough" I'd become one :grinning:

I've just popped on to see some interesting threads both on MA tuning, and engine coversions- great read peeps, keep up the good work :grinning:

Although I don't plan such jobs on my own car, its great to see these cars being tuned. I'll be doing a few jobs on my own K10 this year so please bear with me, i'll be more than likely be asking some daft questions in the near future!

So I wanted to say an official "hello" to the K10 people as i'm now a proper member, I'm happy to be part of the club :grinning:

All the best,

Dan

Hi ems :grinning: thats a nice clean looking K10 you have there!

I don't really plan much (mods wise) if i'm honest, just some general maintenence in spring- new oil / filter again, some NGK plugs and a check for dizzy cap and rotor arm condition, HT leads resistance check, valve clearance setting and a new exhaust (although i could do with one right now).

Mods wise I do have some new sachs / boge shockers, and time / money permitting when i swap them I'll probarly put in some weitec springs or second hand lowering ones if I can get hold of any, and i'd also like a 1200 rear anti roll bar, but i think thats probarly just a bit of a pipe dream, as i'll have to swap over the rear trailing arms too to accept one. A pair of spotlight i'd like, oh and I'm part way through adapting a K&N bolt on filter too.

Body maintenence there isnt really much to do, she is nice and clean- but to hold out rust on the sills for a few years I would like to rub down and treat the sill seams before they go (tiny bit on them, nowhere near structural but I want to nip it in the bud before it starts taking hold) and i'll probarly paint the sills in hammerite blue and waxoyl the whole underside whilst i'm at it.

I also want to rub down the rusty wheels (it has trims on at the mo) and paint them black, just like matts, and get some decent rubber on there.

Thats what I plan, but the way I go i'll only get a tiny bit of all that done this year :wasntme:

Do you or anyone else have any plans for their K10 this year?

Boge shocks are great, i have them! with Spax springs too, you'l have a very firm ride. You wont need to bother with the K10 Rear anti roll bar either with those as it'l be backbreakingly firm. Good wide tyres will help though.

Got the springs from demon tweeks for about 90 quid, you can get a discount from them being an official member

thanks for that arnold :grinning:

tweeks stock the weitec ones too, so it looks like I have options! I'll see how the cash situation is when i come to do the suspension.

Hey Good move with the membership...I hope you've got your stickers on your rear side windows!!!lol

I have bodge dampers and weitec springs

I also replaced the entire front upper strut assembly just for good measure (was pricey though...dont ask),,however I don't regret it one bit...it feels like power steering now when man overing compared with before...
The weitec springs are cool and much firmer than the stock ones but I get the feeling from threads that the spax springs are the firmest of the two..

One of the biggest differences I found was the tires....after moving to 175x50 I was BLOWN AWAY (there really are no words to describe how much difference a GOOD set of lower profile tyres make on the K10 (I kept my steel wheels btw but increased the fronts to 14x6JJ lol)the car really does grip and steer well now and hardly rolls at all compared with stock

save your pennies then do it (bodge -spax or bodge-weitec) you will not be disapointed at all

cheers sammo- yup I remember giving you the part numbers for the shockers last year!

Thanks for the advice!

Boge shocks are great, i have them! with Spax springs too, you'l have a very firm ride. You wont need to bother with the K10 Rear anti roll bar either with those as it'l be backbreakingly firm. Good wide tyres will help though.

Got the springs from demon tweeks for about 90 quid, you can get a discount from them being an official member

My standard suspension seems to give me a rock hard ride lol... the wheels dont help

Back