Halfords prices - service parts

Out of interest I checked the prices of oil, air & fuel filter for a 1ltr K11 today.

Oil £7.49
Fuel £11.99
Air £10.79

expensive or what !!

:wow: :doh: :wow: :doh:

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i didnt realise how high halfords prices were until i worked at andrew page. an oil filter for my car from my work is 28p.......from halfords at retail its 7.99

jdmk11mike

Ex. Club Member
but you would of been getting staff discount whch is what your work would have bought them in for, however i dont mind putting cheap cheap filters on the micra i prefer to put k&n oil,fuel and air filters onto the audi s4

Antony

Ex. Club Member
after speaking to bosch and going on a pierburg technical training course.....i can safely say i will never use a k+n filter ever ever again.

they had problems with A mas sensors failing on all sorts of cars and concluded after much research that the specific problem with 99% of all failures was down to the oil used in k+n filters, as soon as you stick your foot down it sucks the oil through the filter and into the engine causing many problems.

that said..

all filters are not the same,

use ADL (blueprint) or Mann and Hummel wich carry block exemption (covers manufacturers warrenty if fitted aftermarket) wich no other filter company can offer.

and no when i get a filter from andrew page at 48p thats cost plus 10%, at halfords that was supposed to be a decent staff rate (15%) wich is a joke.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
yes but when was the last time you tested this?

why would a company suggest that it is ok to use all filters available on the market other than k+n if it was sales talk.

this isnt a normal company you know, they supply 60% of all the vehicle OBD (on board diagnostics) equipment for european cars and have a 90% market share in OE supply of EGR valves, secondary air pumps and pneumatic solonoid switches for emisions control. amongst virtually everything under the bonnet electyrically or pneumatically oporated.

why would they suggest that an air flow meter with a green cotton filter would be safer than one with a k+n??