Halfords Paint Code Matching Service... Wasted time

Paid £13.99 for a 300ml can of paint from Halfords, gave all the right details for my car and they mixed me up a can of colour code 104. This was all done and I went off to spray my sills... The colour is yellow FFS. It's a bright yellowy green. Now, I've sprayed my car with it and it's ####ing dreadful. I've looked up on the internet and the colour in question is Olive Green, not even colour coded 104. I've found another website and found out my car is colour coded "LIGHT GREEN - 104" but it only goes up to '82.

My car is an 86/87 Micra with colour code 104.

What does this equate to?

And more to the point, do I have the right to take the paint back as it's wrong, and not as described which is what I asked for!

Stu.

yes go back, they sorted me out at my halfrauds cause it wasnt a good match.

watch them when there mixing it, ive had one that rushed mixing it and it wasnt the right shade :doh: but the next person, which happened to be store manager took his time and it was a exact match, plus he told me if it wasnt right to go back

halfauds paint is barry, it may be 104 but you find theres 4/5 colour verations esp if it a met or perl paint

try paints4u.com there very good and the paint is decent too if not find a local paint supplier and get some mixed

104 comes back as grayish leaf 1982 - 1988 (colours on the pc will look different in real life)

My car isn't greyish leaf. See my other posts for pics of the car. They're taking the #### out of me, went there today, said that there's nothing they can do. Going back tomorrow with a head full of trading information.

Stu.

double checked the paint code 104 with the book i have and it comes back as grayish leaf tbh the colour names do some times get there names lost in translation

only other thing is you have the wrong paint code

i use a local paint supplier 2-3 times a month as i do custom airbrush work (car interior and bike stuff mainly)

As its a met paint your best of with a basecoat paint with a decent lacquer

Only other thing to do is take in a painted trim piece to a paint supplier and thay will match it with there equipment and mix the exact paint

edit. checked in another older book i have and 104 just comes up as "light green"

That's why i always buy pre-mixed coz it's mass-produced in large quantities rather than the little batches they make instore. On the other hand, i've been using halfords nissan red 526 right off the shelf for about 3 years now and i find it's a perfect match with my car. It's really glows out in the sun too. (Y)

The halfords red was spot on for me, but any other colour that i need making up i'd either go to a professional bodyworks company or the dealership

I got a halfords metallic black a while ago.......the paint was clearly perfect, but after spraying it on....it became blatently obvious just HOW MUCH my car had FADED over the years.....new paint black.....old paint reddy-brown-ming!!

LOLZ

Back