Halford Alloy Package on K12

Hi all,

I am interested in equipping a set of 15" alloy wheel onto my 1.0E K12. (URL: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_563697_langId_-1_categoryId_165649)

Few questions:
- Does anyone has this set on your K12? Would you mind to share a photo?
- My current wheel size is 14" and the spare wheel is 13". I wonder do I need to replace the spare wheel to a bigger size(a 14"?)?
- Do I need to tell my insurance company about the change? (although mine is a third-party only policy)
- The total cost (+fitting) is around £310. Does it sound economic?

Cheers

Howard

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
Fit them yourself. I wouldn't pay someone to fit a set of alloy wheels for £65 pound, it's not very hard. Also, I would suggest getting different alloys. Ripspeed alloys in my opinion depicts the image of 'cheap' (No offense intended). You could find a nicer set on eBay for the same price, more or less.

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
If you already have alloys on now I dont think you'd need to, only really tell them if you go from steelies to alloys I guess

also fitting alloys is easy, it takes maybe half hour to a hour to change them all. No way would I pay halfords to do it.

mullet

Ex. Club Member
those wheels dont look to bad on
my mate has them on his k11
the alloy is kind of soft but there not that bad
if your scared of your image pop the ripspeed centercap out :p

If you fit alloys you will have to tell your insurance company,in their eyes you are 'modifying' the vehicle from standard even if it's already got alloys.I've fitted 17s and lexus lights to my K12 and it cost me around £35 extra.
If the insurance company are unaware they will probably refuse to pay out on any claim you make whether or not you are to blame.

THE FIRST 30 SECONDS OF LIFE CAN BE DIFFICULT-THE LAST 30 AR'NT EXACTLY A BUNDLE OF LAUGHS EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for all of the kind responses. I think I won't go for that alloy set now.

btw... can anyone tell me do I need to have a 14" spare for a 15" alloy set? (mine is 14" steel wheel at the moment)

thx

Antony

Ex. Club Member
just before you guys completely right off ripspeed alloys just rememberwho makes them... they are either TSW or Team dynamics and are usualy the same designs you will see from team dynamics in 6 months time only pre-release.

mullet

Ex. Club Member
just before you guys completely right off ripspeed alloys just rememberwho makes them... they are either TSW or Team dynamics and are usualy the same designs you will see from team dynamics in 6 months time only pre-release.

i was wondering how long it would take you to tell us who makes them :D
cheers :D