Guess what i've been up to.

Pete

Site Supporter
If I can get these pics to work it'll be a miracle, but here goes...

Attachments

• PeteInUniform006.jpg
    PeteInUniform006.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 262
  • uniform1.JPG
    uniform1.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 265
Nice one Pete, must be happy! Where's the riot gear tho and the card making you exempt from speeding fines?

paddymarsden said:
wont be long until you'll have an impreza for a squad car !

there nice. i saw one down southend saturday nite pulling up car at the cruize lol.

nice well done mate.

thats what im looking to do. what area you with?

MA12:) said:
If I can get these pics to work it'll be a miracle, but here goes...

nice one mate...i was thinking about joining last month but not too sure now.ther not recruting untill summer anyway so i got abit to make my mind up

dunno if it would be worth it

ooowwww! sexy!
is that you're weekend out fit?
lol

So is it full time or special?
Either one is hard, couple of mates who are specials and it defo takes it's toll on them.
Good luck

goldstar0011 said:
ooowwww! sexy!
is that you're weekend out fit?
lol

So is it full time or special?
Either one is hard, couple of mates who are specials and it defo takes it's toll on them.
Good luck

Medal for Goldstar, or should that be a gold star for gold star? *tumbleweed drifts by*

It is my weekend outfit as it were. I'm not a regular officer, i've joined South Yorkshire Police (don't worry RIK not Rotherham district) as a Special (or Volunteer) officer. I don't get paid, this is a way of putting back into the community.

Specials in the area mainly do neighbourhood work, walking the beat etc... but can (and I assure you I WILL) do the same as regular officers with the exception of horse, helicopter and police m/cycles (*cries about last two*).

I get sworn into office tommoro and from that point will have the same powers of constable on or off duty as a regular officer, the only differance being my powers are restricted to South Yorkshire and adjoining forces.

I finish uni in a month and start my full time job as a Building Surveyor in two months so it's all go :p

Special (Police) Constable F-M

gold_star.gif

For meeee!

Well all the best, my mates say they love it but it's hard having a full time job, a social life, hobbies etc and being a special so my hats off to you.

By the way, I bet you'll get so much questions about the law and cars hehehehe

Aye probably, one of my tutors is ex traffic an he'll probably get a load from me.

I don't really wanna get too involved with traffic tho, i'll be doing in excess of 36kmiles/year with my regular job so i'll probably hate cars before too long

I think the hardest thing will be remembering to shave for duty.

Fantastic news, well done mate :)

I was also considering joining as a voluntary officer, after seeing the TV ad campaign. However, I just cant fit it in with my uni work atm!

Good luck with it,

Cheers, Pete

it would make it easy for you to join the force though if you ever wanted...

specials=tea boy :D

RIK said:
it would make it easy for you to join the force though if you ever wanted...

specials=tea boy :D

tea boy, not likely.

I'm not really interested in joining full time at the min, and if i did i'd probably join the Ministry of Defence Police.

Well done Pete... good on you... i have been really interested in joining in the past but waiting to try and possibly join regular police after uni.
My friend however is in the specials and she loves it.. has recently got the same powers as a regular officer!
good on ya and i hope u enjoy it

MA12:) said:
tea boy, not likely.

I'm not really interested in joining full time at the min, and if i did i'd probably join the Ministry of Defence Police.

was kidding..

MOD police...lol probly the only thing the army lads are scared of hahaha

i know my dad didnt like them ..after he got locked up for 3 month

Back