• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

gt's micra

'broken and sold off shortly after they are complete?'
Is it wrong that i have some bits from the car I'm guessing you're talking about? Lol.

I agree about the keeping secrets thing. We're all gonna find out in the end anyway, it's not like anyones going to race you to do it first!

Engine spec's sounding nice though!

No, not at all, parts are parts and it's good to recycle in the club :)

What I mean is, having re-built my car this year and run it at a few events I know how much work goes into a project and it's just a little dissapointing to see a car complete for a very short time before it's broken for parts. I'd love to see a whole group of well spec'd cars at an event or even a track day.

So lets hope for a profitable 08' for these ongoing developments :)

Out of interest Gt, how much are your pistons oversized? and are you building a CG13 or a CGA3, as it's not quite clear from your post ;)

I got all that and there’s only one thing that I wouldn’t buy again is the Janspeed items for the price of the back box I could have got a custom one made from top gear. You live and learn I guess

yeah how much would that cost anyway? I had a cat back system for 350 for the bmw, im just after a backbox til i get round to the system.

Many thanks

well its like a b day card you want to know whats inside but it make the big day not so fun when it comes to open it.

its a CGA13 and i cont tell you of the top of me head. il ask matthew.
im getting the cams sorted out in a week or two and im seting it to rev a 7000rpm so it will chip.
it wont stop there im looking to lighten the drive line. carbon drivesharfts. may be a bit too much tho

Depends on the spec you are building. If Matt is involved I suspect you'll be running a CGA3, high comp pistons, 773 cams and possibly a worked head......but that's just a guess. Power wise, again this depends on the spec you intend on running and the exhaust system you have, you would look to be making power around 7500rpm. If you are running what would probably be refered to by most as a 'rally spec' engine a run of the mill Janspeed exhaust that you get from most places like POTN, Roadrunner etc will not be up to the job and will hamper the power output.

As for carbon shafts, any gains from this would be massively outweighted by the price tag.

Looks as though there will be a few CGA3's popping up next year ;)

your right!!!!! dam.... but im doing the head me self at collage. as i do motorsports.

what size exhaust do you think is best for this set up. i got told that it needs to be around a 2.5in all the way.

i know the price will be big but im looking for idears.

IM NOT GOING TO SELL AFTER so i dont mind spending on it.

2.5" is a bit excessive for a CGA3 naturally aspirated engine, who told you that out of interest?

My Group A system is as large as you'd want to go, but it's all 304 stainless and not cheap at all, there are however cheaper Janspeed systems available from Matt which are much better than the street versions. My system has larger primaries, secondaries and 2" collector. I use a Janspeed 2" cat bypass and the rest of the system is 2" with just a rear silencer and makes trackday noise regs easily, 86dB last time, which is well within the limits.

If you need any info I'm happy to help and I'm sure Matt will be too, since he's the supplier of parts. I did note that the specs on the Accralite pistons state the bore to be 72.145mm for the CGA3 pistons, which is just over the stated bore of the engine.

yer thats it..
i was reading some books it was on about the bhp of the car changes the size.

i know that this not true.

Out of interest, why are people keeping things secret? We are a club afterall and all parts are available to everyone........or will we get fined £50M for copying another persons designs hehe ;)

cos some people on here still think they are the first to try things when infact most things have been done to death on here :p

its new to me and i love my new eng..... i get it back from matthew this friday.

polished conrod and crank has not been done often.....

lots of work and im working on the eng non stop....
iv done L1,2+3 city & guilds and now im doing a national.
this is the collages second year doing motorsports so we dont have all the eq in the would. we got a dyno and othere stuf to play with.

i find it funny tho im building a eng that i hope will have 150bhp.
but i will still have the lowest bhp in the class.......
my mate has a pinto eng with 325bhp

i love it tho

yer our course is only a couple of years in but we've got a new building and stuff at the race track now so its not too bad!

Back