GTIR project

Last days i have lots of thought of starting this project instead of forging my Ma09. What are your thought about it?it will cost me about 3000euros

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
why not just get a gtir?, in my opinion the idea of my MA09 is it was one of the first engines with a good reliable twin charged system. Each to their own though i suppose :)

I'm always willing to try something different.....but unless you want crazy motor in the lightest possible car I think they are a bad match.

gtir chasis has a real advantage with 4wd....and I just don't see how the ST/k10 chasis and front or rear suspension is a good idea with 250-300kw

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
i was thinking this over last night. if you want the power of a gtir... why not get a gtir as it will handle, feel and be less hassle in its original shell than a k10 as the power would probably destroy it :D

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i was thinking this over last night. if you want the power of a gtir... why not get a gtir as it will handle, feel and be less hassle in its original shell than a k10 as the power would probably destroy it :D

wheres the fun in that???
ken on the sxoc has an v8 ls1 supercharged s14 with nearly 700bhp, if that would have stayed in its lazy american gto doner then he wouldnt have one of the fastest 200sx's ever

OP
OP
oranje

listem my thought. K10 weights less than a gtir and as mates above mentioned i want something diffrenet. imagine a k10 with 350 WHP in this chassis. lots of evos and uno will loss thei sleep. today i bought the motor and the journey begins....

superls

K10 Tuner
sorry i cant see the pics at work there blocked, what exactly is it your planning on doing? full gtir setup in a k10?

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Just make sure the chassis is super strong, they can twist very easily in my experience

Yeah did anyone see my roof at JAE lol? From all the track time on slicks there is a few ripples on the roof panel ,happened before I put the rear brace in. Still I reckon a big power one needs a comprehensive cage to get the most out of the car.

Like are you going to address every aspect of the project?there's alot more to it than saying "I'll lob a gtir engine and running gear into a k10" and "I'll get my mechanic to sort it" . No offense intended oranje(Y)

OP
OP
oranje
my mevhanic and tinsmith will take care everythng as they build drag cars and the mechanic owns one of the fastest if not the fastest Sunny gtir of 920whp. search it in youtube. I have been told that we will secure the car and make it solid because in first stage we believe we will have a power of 300 320 whp and the car will not run at his best because it wont need to. it is so light that i will have the advance. in one month i will go to the army for 9 months and i will update the post when i can so we all see the progress.:k10::k10:;)

Snikty

Site Supporter
A guy in malaysia did something similar dropping an evo engine in a ST and converting to awd. It is a really big job from what I saw of it. I would have thought the custom drive shafts alone would end up costing as much as the engine.

Why not just go for a higher hp fwd setup? turbo a sr16/20 out of a pulsar?

Good luck with whatever you decide and I'll follow with interest.

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Yeah did anyone see my roof at JAE lol? From all the track time on slicks there is a few ripples on the roof panel ,happened before I put the rear brace in. Still I reckon a big power one needs a comprehensive cage to get the most out of the car.

Like are you going to address every aspect of the project?there's alot more to it than saying "I'll lob a gtir engine and running gear into a k10" and "I'll get my mechanic to sort it" . No offense intended oranje(Y)

yes i saw your roof, thats why i put that post, also if you jack up one of the front corners the doors rub on the door kick plates thats how much they flex :D

Being an engineer i dont tend to trust anyones work but my own (and i rarely trust mine) :D

OP
OP
oranje
yes i saw your roof, thats why i put that post, also if you jack up one of the front corners the doors rub on the door kick plates thats how much they flex :D

Being an engineer i dont tend to trust anyones work but my own (and i rarely trust mine) :D

i will pay a lot and supervise them. It will be fwd drive. avenir engine is bought with ~60.000 km. i dodnt want to after-turbo a stock engine but install an original turbo engine. in greece this is the best option with minimum future problems. and in this matter i trust them because every car the upgrades is very good reliable and quite fast.

150bhp in a K10 would be very fast but very useable :)

300bhp in a K10 FWD is going to torque steer and wheelspin like mad you wont get the power down :p

im not even sure you can fit a 2.0l gtir engine into a K10 :eek:

good luck though if you try (Y)

OP
OP
oranje
it fits mate and i will post fotos when possible. As for the power we will manage it or i will neevr drag from 1st gear. I want to make a rocket not just a fast ma09 to compete peugeot rally and stock colts. Thanks for the wishes!

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
it fits mate and i will post fotos when possible. As for the power we will manage it or i will neevr drag from 1st gear. I want to make a rocket not just a fast ma09 to compete peugeot rally and stock colts. Thanks for the wishes!

if your gonna go to the trouble of fitting this engine why not get an s14 and pop all the bits in the micra get a custom prop and have a rwd micra?

Baz

Ex. Club Member
for the difference of a front anti roll bar, I mean that pretty much is it. metal might be a different thickness in places but I very much doubt it.
His car isnt an original st so it wouldnt even have the mounts for the anti roll bar.

I disagree with some post , I reckon a full roll cage would handle all the power you will get from a stock sr20det engine, Its the suspension and the brakes I'd be worried about aswell because stock st suspension cant even handle 150hp (safely) never mind the power oranje is planning

OP
OP
oranje
gt 3071r is already bought and hotbids suspension for k11 that will fit in my k10. anti roll bar will be handmade and all engine bay is at the moment being strengthen. My brakes are from a pulsar as u say gtir. when the car is finished we will examine whether i will buy bigger brakes or not. maybe i would. Guys the best in Europe as for Nissan is takinh care of it. No problem. See his 920whp pulsar. Not 400 or 500 at most most here have or produce

OP
OP
oranje
take the first 2 pics. as i am in the army now the project may finish around end of January. Everything is going fine!

04122010020.jpg

04122010019.jpg

well, this will be unique. not sure if you started with the best chassis for RWD so it will be interesting to see how that all works out.

Are you still going to use the gtir motor? Are you going to fit a 200sx driveline? or stick with gtir without the front driveshafts?

in fact, why not just make it 4wd?