Gt1548 turbo reviews

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
As above anyone had any experiences using said turbo on a cg13? Before too much is said or asked its purely out of interest. Pricing up builds at the moment with the Garrett obviously being the more expensive option.

Thanks in advance. Joe

frank

Club Member
they kick like a mule joe :) full boost @ 2k but run out of puff by 5k tho
perfect for a daily d, but too small for track etc, my 1st two tubby,s were gt15,s

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
A good starting point you reckon frank? Would be looking for 130-140 bhp on standard internals apart from a thicker head gasket. What you running at the moment?

Joe

frank

Club Member
A good starting point you reckon frank? Would be looking for 130-140 bhp on standard internals apart from a thicker head gasket. What you running at the moment?

Joe
it depends what you are looking for really joe, my TD05 was the opposite to the GT15, that had no boost till 4 or 5k and would still be pulling strongly @10k rpm .
i think you will love the GT15 for a week then hanker for something bigger tbh :)
my current one is the smaller TD04 9g (from the twin turbo mitsubishi GTO, so from a 1.5 engine basically)

Has anyone ever fitted the ct9 to a micra? Just wondering as I spoke to Fusion Motorsport the other week and they mentioned this turbo as being ok for a daily.

OP
OP
C0llis0n

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
it depends what you are looking for really joe, my TD05 was the opposite to the GT15, that had no boost till 4 or 5k and would still be pulling strongly @10k rpm .
i think you will love the GT15 for a week then hanker for something bigger tbh :)
my current one is the smaller TD04 9g (from the twin turbo mitsubishi GTO, so from a 1.5 engine basically)
Huuum. Thanks for the info Frank. I do like the idea of a nice punchy turbo but I see what your saying about maybe being a bit frustrated on losing top end speed. You prefer the smaller turbo setup? I suppose with lightened flywheel and straight through exhaust these engines pick up revs in no time regardless so perhaps more ponies further down the line would be favourable. Decisions, decisions eh

frank

Club Member
Huuum. Thanks for the info Frank. I do like the idea of a nice punchy turbo but I see what your saying about maybe being a bit frustrated on losing top end speed. You prefer the smaller turbo setup? I suppose with lightened flywheel and straight through exhaust these engines pick up revs in no time regardless so perhaps more ponies further down the line would be favourable. Decisions, decisions eh
yes you have bear in mind that the size of the turbo dictates the shape of the powerband joe, and the actual hp is mainly determined by the level of boost that you run :)

could someone post up a picture of the gt15 turbo setup on the 1.3 motor this is the route i am taking and would like a visual aid as how to mount the turbo on the micra exhaust manifold thanks andy

Ahh thanks frank im not a noob to turboing/supercharging etc(done lots of mods too many cars in the past imps minis to evos) just needed to get the setup in my head lol im sure to peck your head on a later date andy is that an american site for micras ???

frank

Club Member
np andy :) here,s a pic of the setup too

83900.jpg