Group buy, boot poppers/door poppers

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
12.50 per unit minimum of 10

hi all, is anyone intersted in doing a group buy on these things?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220322225031&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

the guy says we pay £9 on postage if we order 3 or more, and may get a discount on the final price if we buy ten or more, but he can't give us a price until we have got a confirmed number...

so anyone interesed? i have fitted two of these to my cars and they work great. just a push of a button either in the car or on a remote and the boot opens.

i am planning to put a few in the doors to open the doors.

i am thinking of buying maybe 2 or 3, so anyone wanna buy them with me and we will see if we can get a discount?

Dragonmaster_uk X 4
MicraFish X 1
Optispart X 1
Robert X 1
JJ 1.0l X 1
james betley X 3
NeX X 4

Total: 15 units

Hmmm I may be interested in one for the boot - would have to wait til payday too though I think! :p

ok people this is cool so we have a few takers, do we have enough to make 10? i am not planning on buying one til next month anyway. so you can all put some cash away for then

ok this is the email i got back:

Hi,

For 10 we could do them at £11.50 each + £9 delivery, £124 in total.

Cheers,
Nathan

could be interested, can u just make it to work off a button in dash easily?

yep really easy, even comes with a button and all the wiring

OK everyone i am going to need a list of people who are 100% interested

copy and paste the list and quantity

NeX - 4 units

dont wanna #### on this - but you could just use a return seliniod from maplins for like £4.

then a feed to the dash for your selected button of choice (99p) then a feed to a constant live located within the dash

completed for around £5

or group together and buy the 3pack or 5 pack door actuator set - then u get 3/5 of them,

all you got to do is make sure it is a return rather than a direct.

basically it returns to open once fired, and doesnt stay closed until u fire it again to close.

ill do a guide as i will be installing one on a customers polo today

dont wanna #### on this - but you could just use a return seliniod from maplins for like £4.

then a feed to the dash for your selected button of choice (99p) then a feed to a constant live located within the dash

completed for around £5

or group together and buy the 3pack or 5 pack door actuator set - then u get 3/5 of them,

all you got to do is make sure it is a return rather than a direct.

basically it returns to open once fired, and doesnt stay closed until u fire it again to close.

ill do a guide as i will be installing one on a customers polo today

i found that their pulling strengh wasn't as good, as well as their amount of travel, and they were a little harder to mount. but that is a good point, if they are strong enough and move far enough they would be perfect

NeX - 4 units
dragonmaster_uk - 3 units
just give me a pm when you need the money mate

awesome mate, it will be some time early next month to give everyone time to get the money together

Just thinking, would i be able to use the switch for the rear wiper to power the motor?
Or possibly the heated window switch?

Just thinking, would i be able to use the switch for the rear wiper to power the motor?
Or possibly the heated window switch?

yea that should be possible, there should be a live feed going into the boot that should do it.

what happens now? who do i pay lol

ok mate well first of all don't send any money yet, we need to first of all confirm ten people, if there is less than ten then there is no point.

the money will have to be sent to me, i will put up a paypal address next month when people have been paid. once we have the ten orders confirmed i will buy the kit and then post it out to everyone who ordered one, or maybe drop them off at meets etc, depending on how it all works out.

but we need those ten orders to get the discount.

ah cool i think that is ten already, well we need to make a list of names of definate people, and then work out a time for when i need to recive payment.

i have done a list at the top of everyone who is interested, is there anyone who is not sure? or doesn't want to buy them, or orders more etc or anyone who isn't on the list let me know ok

Back