ground / earth point near the fuse box?

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a dash cam in the fuse box and it requires a ground connection, obviously. I've been staring at the fuse box, but can't figure out a good point where to ground the camera.

Any pointers? Where do people ground their devices? Cheers!

There's a screw that holds on part of the metal trim on the right hand side of the engine bay (the right side if youre facing the car head-on). It should be right along the edge of where the bonnet closes. Just unscrew that, crimp a wire into an o-shaped clip or a u-shaped clip and then tighten the nut back down :) you can sand down the metal beneath the bolt if you want to be extra sure that the wire will ground, but I've had a ground for my coolant temp gauge sensor there for ages and it works great!

There's a screw that holds on part of the metal trim on the right hand side of the engine bay (the right side if youre facing the car head-on). It should be right along the edge of where the bonnet closes. Just unscrew that, crimp a wire into an o-shaped clip or a u-shaped clip and then tighten the nut back down :) you can sand down the metal beneath the bolt if you want to be extra sure that the wire will ground, but I've had a ground for my coolant temp gauge sensor there for ages and it works great!

Cheers, managed to find a screw (though it took me a while and a really big screw driver to get it unscrewed). See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20150625_125112_705.jpg
    IMG_20150625_125112_705.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 1,853
Back