grinding noise and hot brakes. HELP???

IVE STARTED TO HEAR A GRINDING NOISE FROM MY FRONT LEFT AND WENT TO GO TOUCH THE WHEEL TO SEE IF THERE WAS PLAY IN THE WHEEL BUT THE ALLOYS WERE HOT AND THE SPACERS WERE EVEN HOTTER DIDNT DARE TOUCH THE DISC ANY IDEA ON WHAT IS WRONG?

camoxodka

car half done :)
Could in not be the piston are bit sliding bqck.in plqces are your brake calipers are grinding against yoyr disc which is creating friction with the disc which is getting hot and other metals around it :) this is just a thought

OP
OP
RyanEllis
Jack it up, try spin the wheel and try rock it side to side to check for play then come back with your findings...
makes a noise when spinning, but not a wheel bearing noise
Disc's could be pitted/warped. Mine used to do it when braking hard.
sounds like it. taking it to my gf dads garage tomorrow which is 35 mins from here tht motorway journey will be interesting
Brake pads down to the metal? Brakes tend to be hot btw
nah cz its not a constant noise and it also when im not braking it does it

My old car my Matiz done this once, pulled out onto a 60mph road and couldnt get it above 30, felt like i had a flat tyre

Pulled over eventually and the disc was glowing red

Was fine once i started moving again, but the brakes felt like cream cheese for the rest of the night, was fine the next day :L

Must have got something like a stone ect stuck

OP
OP
RyanEllis
My old car my Matiz done this once, pulled out onto a 60mph road and couldnt get it above 30, felt like i had a flat tyre

Pulled over eventually and the disc was glowing red

Was fine once i started moving again, but the brakes felt like cream cheese for the rest of the night, was fine the next day :L

Must have got something like a stone ect stuck
sounds the same but struggled above 60 on a 70

Sounds like the same problem i had on the drivers side, the piston in the caliper just ceased up - It cooked the wheel and the tier wouldn't hold air for very long after that.

Went to the breakers got another caliper for £15, haven't had a problem since :)

OP
OP
RyanEllis
Sounds like the same problem i had on the drivers side, the piston in the caliper just ceased up - It cooked the wheel and the tier wouldn't hold air for very long after that.

Went to the breakers got another caliper for £15, haven't had a problem since :)

yeah caliper had siezed but when the brakes were bleaded it moved all the way back so its just the brake hose collapsed on itself so just need new pads and new hoses easy fix thank god