Greetings...5 years on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTnA

Ex. Club Member
Hello

5 years ago, I'm sure my wife and I had a membership here, but then we also had two Micra's - after getting married, moving, owning a Citroen C15 a Pug 306 a Skoda Felicia, and a Citroen Xantia estate, we're back with a Micra :grinning:

Really forget how much we loved them, they're brilliant, we've just picked up an 1998 (R) 1.0 Twister for £200, a bit of T&T on it, one owner, FSH, full service and all new tyres, so very chuffed............now it's play time, sensible things first, not sure what yet, K&N life time maybe to start with, full Janspeed exhaust as we're coming up for a new system. Plus it'll last a little longer up here in the middle of the sea! Still that's why we're here, to find out what we've missed out on, and what we can do :)

So a hello from T&T

Narrow, a cross between tarmac, gravel and sand, very tight bends with some long straights, no traffic lights, no real junctions, no police cameras, no police, but many drivers without MOT's and drunks on the road, mixed in with a few lost sheep andi wandering cows and sucidal rabbits. The island we live on is 12 miles at its longest and I think about 6 miles at its widest, one of the flattest northern isles in the Orkney islands.

To explain the lack of MOT - we have MOT excemption certificates, the car must be kept in a road worthy condition, must not leave the island for mainland Orkney or else where in the UK, must have tax and insurance, the road worthy bit doesn't seem to mean anything, if it goes, then it goes there isn't a problem, tread on tyres, no need for that, the wire mesh that comes through them is great for grip! :eek: Still, no road deaths, or accidents so can't complain too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back