Green flashing "key light"

Hi

I've got an 04 sx with the keyless entry. The last couple of weeks (since it got cold) when I start my car a light which says "key" flashes green for about 30 secs - 1 min. I have looked in the manual & it doesn't say anything about this light. I think it could be trying to tell me that the key fob battery is low.

Anyone shed any light on this??

Cheers

Dean

I thought this was to do with whether you had the anti hi jack "convienience mode" selected or not if flashing red it's off green its on, mine flashes green and its a pain in my job but I can't work it out to switch it off!

mine does that as well but it has since stopped without me changing the batteries. but i too think it is a battery problem, will be popping down the dealer and i will ask them to confirm.

Hi

I've got an 04 sx with the keyless entry. The last couple of weeks (since it got cold) when I start my car a light which says "key" flashes green for about 30 secs - 1 min. I have looked in the manual & it doesn't say anything about this light. I think it could be trying to tell me that the key fob battery is low.

Anyone shed any light on this??

Cheers

Dean

Last edited:
Back