Grasser Rebuildish

yeah i have found in the past with cheaper oils that it causes a lot sludge under rocker cover after engine has been run/raced

Bit more progress today :) rad in and sat on wheels, just needs petrol pump and tank back in and some fluids and fingers crossed good to go

The engine seems to be slanted on this pic will be looking at it tomorrow didn't really notice it when working on car, i know the front is a wee bit out of shape so could just be that throwing my four eyes :)

Stubborn piston dealt with

Finished off front today just need to do track rod ends (new ones on the way) spent 2 hours trying get ball joints nut on but found another way to use the porta power :)

Cleaned back brakes up

Anybody know how this works, back brakes struggled to lock up last year somebody mentioned that due to the weight being taken out i need to put a washer or spacer somewhere not to sure where tho, I'm assuming under the spring

Well, not so much compress the spring. Its the piston that needs to be moved eh :) maybe an extension on the bracket? I can't remember what the upper mount looks like.

right back with it all, after a few weeks forced break (due to accident messing the other project i have) got to get a shake on now with the race season started, first race at home track starts beginning of April

Few more bits, oil,plugs,track rod ends and thanks to noddie and his patience a strut brace

Brace and petrol tank fitted, had to move tank a little and remove a bracket which bolted where the strut does, still a tight fit to get to the cap

Struggling to remember where the starter earth goes, it rather came off the terminal for the starter or just bolts in around the starter (think it came off the back on the donor) or does it matter?

Thanks

Ok bit of rubbish day today one of them days where nothing goes right :(

Couldn't remove track rods due to the what i would call them toy vise grips (buy cheap buy twice i know)
Don't seem like handbrake is working (not a major issue)
Drivers side calliper piston seems to be sticking on, could not move the wheel at one point, i should of thought that it might be goosed when retracted it with porta power
Had a blonde moment for over an hour deciding which pipe is which for the fuel pump (feed & return) still debating now lol
Then to top it off got all liquids, lubricants etc in and went to push the start button NOTHING lol fuel pump is priming, fan works, got power going to the starter (only checked with tester light) battery back off give it some juice with the charger and that says its full. hmmmm

Tomorrow is another day……….

Ok bad starter was the problem when pressed the button and nothing, now its press the button and not start lol grrrrr

Can someone confirm where the fuel feed and return go please just to my mind at rest got no pics of that area for some reason

* I got it fuel feed into regulator and return underneath

Ok managed to get her started today, changed starter motor, dizzy and reverted back to old spark plugs i will try the bosch 4 again now its up and running. oh and I did have the fuel pipes the wrong way round:oops:

Left running a while and seemed fine, turned off put some more fuel in started up fine and run for a couple of mins, when i put accelerator down it popped in engine bay (did it a few times) and it did sound like from inlet so hoping its just fuel mixture or timing that needs looking at

Ok so played around with timing and fingers crossed things will be ok, changed drivers side calliper, bled brakes and that seems to have done the trick, can turn the wheel at least now :) Got one of the doors welded up (well tacked in place) my welding is pretty shoddy so will try pull a favour in to do them up properly.

Spent over 4 1/2 hours at the rolling road without a proper run, i didn't see the time going by just ££££ signs:( after first run he noticed it was running very lean. After checking all what he thought it could be all parts seemed to be working as they should be, compression test come back very positive, fuel pump, rail, lambda sensor, he soldered the MAF sensor up, cleaned and swapped throttle body over,checked timing and found nothing to be leaking so was a little stumped. Had no choice to leave the car with him for him to look into a little more. He did say he has never had a micra that he could not sort out with the above done, with a week to go hope he can find something.

yeah would you not be able to tell that with the timing gun bud? it was all way up the revs as well not just when on high revs i forgot to put. Might start a thread about this so can give him some options instead of sat here twiddling my thumbso_O

only the exhaust cam will effect the spark timing glen, if the inlet one is advanced the maf will sense less air reversion, and run less fuel as a result (in theory) :)

cheers bud will be taking some bits to him monday just incase he needs them so will tell him to get on with checking that

Ok got back from rolling road couple of weeks ago and it ended up being a faulty injector giving the problems, due to racing being cancelled i dragged my feet a little in finishing off (trying get on with other project) but here she is ready for the weekend, should be some tough racing with it being for national qualifier points fingers crossed all goes well

Cheers

You know its illegal those rear shocks? its also illegal to have the ports Filled/polished not 100% that you did that but from the pics it looks like you did but the shocks are defo a no no

Rear shocks are just standard shocks bud nothing has been done to them so don't see how they can be illegal, as for the head i changed the HG and cleaned the head up. Im not going to being doing things illegal and posting them all over here for all to see bud and if i did i would be going back asking why i am not any quicker on the track :) but if you do have any more concerns please point them out

Glen I'm currently driving a smoker K11 in my first season (only made 4 races though). Going to build one for next season. Any other tips other than the brake compensator tip (jubilee clip below the spring is apparently the thing to do)? Any other little weird things needed for a Class 1 Micra?

Not really bud, i would recommend a front strut brace like the one i purchased from noddie, made the handling a little better. Light as possible and i have took the front springs down too (check rule book here) and left the back.

Back