GPS/Satnav options

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
I could really do with a sat nav device but the options are driving me crazy.

I've only ever used a TomTom which was perfect, got me to and from places no trouble, but at £200 it's still steap as I wouldn't use it enough I think.

Paddy has a PDA with satnav and I've seen some packages on ebay that seem to good to be true. Like this

I don't fancy mobile phone sat nav as prefer to keep my devices seperate.

The PDA idea is winning for me as I could use it as a portable storage device too and if had enough memory watch videos or listen to music at the gym.
Couldn't I get a laptop and connect a GPS receiver?

Suggestions welcome

only annoying thing about the pda option is when it crashes, and when you dont charge the battery, theres a risk of the programme being lost

JayY said:
only annoying thing about the pda option is when it crashes, and when you dont charge the battery, theres a risk of the programme being lost
That happens to mine about once a month, but the TomTom is set up on my SD card as an Autorun program so every time it does it reinstalls itself with all the old settings! Result!

As for which to go i would say either PDA+TomTom or TomTom ONE. Both excellent :)

PDA with Tomtom Navigator 5, with the same setup as James. I had to reinstall mine this morning cos of a wireless problem & tom tom was installed within minutes. My favorite destinations and other settings were automatically restored too - You can also get a decent pda (Dell X30) and a GPS car kit for around £200 / £250 quid, everything included

Ive only got 128 in mine but it still works great! I dont use it for music or anything else though.

I have tom tom mobile 5 on my Axim X51v its not like eariler PDAs so doesnt loose anything if the battereis go flat. I also have the wireles tom tom GPS reciever, its very good.

What kind of PDA should I be looking for, I'd like on ethat uses XD memory cards as thats what I use for digicam so would be easier for me.

Back