Got the M3 Mirrors

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
The mirrors arrived this morning so I went out to fit them. Looking at them first the base plates looked far to big. I got the old mirrors out using a 10mm socket after I had removed the cover on the inside for them. The mirrors have to be screwed to the base plates before putting on the car. Then it just has 3 screws to attach it. I screwed them on and one of the screws went all the way through - whoops. I took it back off and managed to find some washers to go on there which solved that problem.

I only managed to get one pic before the camera ran out of battery. Put them on to see if I like them or not. If I do they will be coming off and I will be spraying them red to match the car.

The only downside I would say is that they dont fit only about 95% right and the instructions are in German, and I dont speak that.

Attachments

• imag00014ku.jpg
    imag00014ku.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 366
B

Ben

look a bit big for the car to me mate, if it were me i would try and cut those two stalkm things off then fix them directly to the base plate

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Big_ben said:
there carbon fibre effect it hink so doubt he will get em sprayed
They are just plain black, so will be gettin rubbed down and sprayed within the next couple of weeks or so.

paddymarsden said:
how much where they all together ?

I got them for £25 plus £7.50 postage via Ebay.

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
richmicratwista said:
they look a pretty good fit to me

i reckon sprayed they will look even better

have u got the guys email so i can contact him

As I said, they fit about 95% right. Here is the link to them on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M3-WING-MIRRO...ryZ10402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have PMed the guys email to you aswell.

paddymarsden said:
Very nice indeed....me thinks ill be getting some too

Heres me thinking I have got an original mod,lol. From you avatar it looks like you have the facelifted Micra - it says these are for the 93-98 model.

I did also email him regarding prices if a group buy was to be done, but heard nothing of this yet.

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
scottish-sr said:
Heres me thinking I have got an original mod,lol. From you avatar it looks like you have the facelifted Micra - it says these are for the 93-98 model.

Good point, im pretty sure that they are the same though.....i might get some and try because its only £35 for two....if they dont fit i can sell them on. I assume he is UK based ?

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Alienfish360 said:
Can you get any photos of the point where they don't fit right?

Its really just where it meets the window seal there might be a few mill in it. Other than that they fit good.

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
RIK said:
the best looking mirrors for a k11 are standard ones

I agree

Not meaning to offend but M3 mirrors are a bit old hat nowadays!
You see them on every other Nova, 306, 106 etc.

M3 mirrors look good on an M3!

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Hopefully they will look better when they are painted. I think they do suit the car, the standard mirrors are just abit to square looking.

I might even gain like 0.5mph top speed, smaller surface area probably and more aerodynamic,lol.

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
[QUOTEI might even gain like 0.5mph top speed, smaller surface area probably and more aerodynamic,lol.[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha, didnt think about that!!!

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Just thought I would give a wee update now they are painted. They look alot better IMO.

Attachments

• Micra 12.JPG
    Micra 12.JPG
    394.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Micra Mirror 1.JPG
    Micra Mirror 1.JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Micra Mirror 2.JPG
    Micra Mirror 2.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Glenn said:
they look alot better painted, did you paint them yourself?

Yeah mate, done it out in my garage in a day with a couple of tins of the good old halfords spray paint.

Jst gave them a wee rub down to get the surface slightly rough, 3 coats of primer then just gave them light coats and gradually built it up till they were covered then gave it a closer thicker coat to give it a nice shine. Oh yeah and masked them off too.lol.

Edit:Shocked no-one has noticed or commented on my nice new red seats and harnesses that can be seen in one of the pics ;)

OP
OP
scottish-sr

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
steve.moody said:
Can't see them that well, more pictures are needed me thinks ;)

Usually you MSC people are eagle eyed.

Here is another pic of them.

Attachments

• Micra Incar.JPG
    Micra Incar.JPG
    473.5 KB · Views: 278