Got me some clocks

Hi guys,
So my car doesn't have a Rev counter so I went the scrappy to see if they had one that did ( yes they did). My question did I need to get the loom as well or will it work with my loom that doesn't have a Rev counter?

Cheers Kieran

How much you get one for I'm thinking about investing in one

I went to my local scrap yard and got one for £10 that I too out my self. I may be able to get another one if you want as there was a super s being scraped today. so if it has one I will see how much they want for it for you.

Cheers Kieran

I went to my local scrap yard and got one for £10 that I too out my self. I may be able to get another one if you want as there was a super s being scraped today. so if it has one I will see how much they want for it for you.

Cheers Kieran
Cheers Kieran, Mines a facelift 2000 reg its electronic

I take it there's no difference between first facelift and second facelift? Any issues with correct mileage? Cheapest I've found is £45 so far :(

Cheers Kieran, Mines a facelift 2000 reg its electronic
Hello Sean. I've got a few of these, one is the green face one, the others are black. They cost me £24 - same to you mate + postage. PM me.
I take it there's no difference between first facelift and second facelift? Any issues with correct mileage? Cheapest I've found is £45 so far :(
Hello fooby, read my reply to Sean, I've actually got 5 of these I think without checking. Same offer to you bud. PM me.

I'm tempted but I need to know about the clocks, I don't really want to be swapping them out if the readings are wrong. Is it possible to get your own car's mileage on the new clocks?

I'm tempted but I need to know about the clocks, I don't really want to be swapping them out if the readings are wrong. Is it possible to get your own car's mileage on the new clocks?

You should be able to I think if you take them to a garage with a scanner they might be able to do it if it's a digital or you can wind the mileage backwards/ forwards on a analog

Cheers Kieran

It'll cost you around £65 to have the digital milage corrected by a company. Just make a note of your original mileage and your new clocks mileage. Then when you get round to it you know the exact figure. There's only a couple of ppl who've reset them on here. I had a set done, but as I have a few sets there ended up being no point.

The mileage doesn't matter while you own the car. As Agent Smith said, make a note of both mileages, it only matters when you sell it. Just tell the new owner when you do the deal.
I change my clocks all the time as the mood takes me. Just moved one of my micras on, told the punter....no problems.

Ou could put the original clocks back in when you sell it just make sure it's done a few miles every M.o.T haha

Cheers Kieran

Is mileage like number plates? It can legally be higher than the real figure but not lower? I think I'll wait until I have money to throw at getting new clocks re-coded as soon as the new clocks go in. I personally wouldn't touch a car relying purely on what the previous owner told me the mileage was.

It can be any number. The only thing that's illegal is when you sell it and intentionally lie about the true mileage. Car sales places put little stickers on the cluster to say that the mileage can't be verified as true.

Hello Sean. I've got a few of these, one is the green face one, the others are black. They cost me £24 - same to you mate + postage. PM me.

Hello fooby, read my reply to Sean, I've actually got 5 of these I think without checking. Same offer to you bud. PM me.
You still got a speedo with a rev counter?

Back