Getting Powerflowed Few Questions

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Ok,

as youve probably gathered its looking increasingly like im getting a powerflow exhaust, but thought id check with you guys (& girls ;)) as to which method.

well what do you reckon, do i go cat-back or de-cat ?

if i go de-cat, obviously theres probably going to be an emission issue come mot, so what do u reckon id need to go about making it legal for mot, also theres a issue with the ecu freaking out isnt there ?

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kris :)

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
i'm sure after 98 don't got one cos it's pointless having two. fwn
if you change the manifold also you'll fail MOT unless you change it back at MOT time.

can someone correct me if i'm wrong cheers :laugh:

graeme

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
dont know, not really tested.

Get a cat back, but also get the de-cat, but tell them, u want it to be removable so they dont make it all one pipe so u can swap it if need be for m.o.t's, u shud be ok tho....

Also dont get it too loud, i did and its unbreable at times, as u may have heard on the way back from the meet, lol

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
RE: RE: Getting Powerflowed Few Questions

Dr Zoidberg said:
just out of interest which has the best power gain, janspeed or powerflow?

i guess they are around the same if not identical! results suggest this, however powerflow will only do a de-cat back sys so you will need a janspeed or maniflow manifold to complete the full exhaust.

Dave

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
i've not had a problem with my janspeed decat when it comes to MOT time and it's a 94 model so you shouldn't have any failures. however if you plan on fitting a manifold as well this will fail but if you pop the mid cat back on (located slap back in the middle of the car) you'll pass.