getting more power from a 1.0l ?

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
If i get rid of the cat will it help gain much bhp, or is there a turbo kit i can buy for a 1.0l and would that increse the power much. I dont want to do an engine transplant by the way. Any input would be great.............basically i want to get the most power i can from a 1.0l

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
if you're talking about maximum power then turbo is the way to go given that money is no object too.
i dont know much about micra's 1.0L engine but from my past experience with my old car yaris, there really isnt much to be done tbh. i would imagine a small turbo will safely give 30-40 bhp more and a bigger one would need a lot of work around the engine bay.

we're talking about turbo, intercooler, boost controller, dump valves, perhaps a wastegate, forged pistons, sport cams, new manifold, new ecu and 150bhp is still very optimistic but can be done! o_O

R

runaway-robot

goldstar0011 said:
I've said it before and will always say it, the first and best mod for a 1L to get more power is to add one of these

very true :) i would put a 1.3 in... and start from there

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
You can ask anyone who went from a 1L to 1.3 whether new car or engine and they will agree. If someones willing to spend on a turbo kit, which in the end will cost 4 figure numbers, then they can easily pay for a new engine.

A 1L engine and GB will be under more stress on a turbo than a 1.3 and the only 1L turbo that I know off has been seen on ebay at least 5 times for very cheap prices.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
That car is a shed, however.
No point swapping from 1l to 1.3, for the hassle, expense of conversion and also extra expense of insurance, it is best to just buy a 1.3 car.
A supercharger would work very well on a 1l as it would not be putting extra strain on the g'box when coming on boost as a turbo does.

N

nizzanz1

impul i have a supercharger kit for the cg engine. 30bhp up from stock. a similar kit was made for the k12 also.

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
why are you so ademant on using a 1.0 you will end up spending loads of money on something with minimal power increase, if you go for the 1.3 at least you have 20bhp hike without touching it. then you can think about going tubo. thats if you end up going through with it. no offense but i must of seen about 100 people asking the same questions as you when its obvious that they are jsut dreaming.

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Smart words 59BHP, no disrespect to Anto Modded but the amount of times people ask about modding a 1L and nothing gets done as with turboing.
A serious peron who is after performance gains usually has a plan of action and would start with the highest power engine they can get.

Obviously you can get an exhaust system, induction kit and other bolt on parts but if you really want performance then 20BHP is easily gained from a 1.3 engine.

N

nizzanz1

the only reason to stick to a certian engine size would be in terms of weight or if entering competiton in grouped classes. or if custom work was needed. in the sake of the 1.3, its the same block so doesnt need custom work, and is no heavier than the 1.0. the transmission is a bit heavier than the pre 98 1.0 transmission though.

G

gfunk

See the problem with many of these suggestions is the fact they cost quite a lot of money!

For the same price as an exhaust, turbo and anything else upgrade, you could probably buy a very powerful sporty honda accord 1.8 (or even 2l), and afford the insurance.

False economy guys :)

OP
OP
Anto Modded

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
well im getting a new exhaust system made without the cat on it for 600 euro. So that should add abit and ill keep the old exhaust for the nct.

well your best bet to gain more power is too get a full system, 4-2-1 starting from the manifold, then upgrade the throttle body and ecu to 1.6 get some 1.3 cams in there and should see you some more power, not sure how much.

if you really want to keep your 1.0ltr engine then thats probably your best bet of tuning it without simply getting a 1.3

actually!

my freind read up on both these suggestinos annd to turbo a 998cc micra is easily done u need everything except turbo pistons becuse if u read up on the comprssionm rate its the same as the 1.3 micra therfore running a small turbo at 4-5psi and giving u a toltal of 90-100bhp.

a supercharger has been designd in australia for all types of cars its an electric one wich runs at 1psi for 110.00 pounds and a bigger one running at 4psi for 300.00 pounds.

these are a small fan built into a cone air filter running at about 25,000 rpm giving u upto 20bhp but works beter on smaller engines!

i have the small version of this on my micra abnd it works very well.

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
i'd have to agree, if you want more power get a 1.3, i crashed my 1.0 into a lampost then bought a 1.3, and yeah what a difference

wilsonian

Ex. Club Member
i still think if you get the janspeed full system, Tomie cams and a piggy back ECU on a 1ltr you might hit the 80's even low 90's.

I know craig got 74bhp from a manifold, intake and 1.3 cams.

Also most of the mods you slap on a 1ltr can be transfered to a 1.3 if you decide to get a Super S/SR.

I think people with 1ltrs need to work on these blocks rather than just slap a 1.3 in.