Getting car back on monday

C

CAWKWELL

I am getting my car back from barwell bodyworks on monday all been well so there will be a nice orange flip micra roaming the streets.

B

Ben

any bodywork apart from paint?

hope its something special - not too many special k11's flying around at te minute bodywise

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, yeah think its getting the fulls works. :D Looking forward to seeing it mate!!! Should be sweet from what I've heard hehe. :) Another orange micra lol. :D

OP
OP
C

CAWKWELL

yeah got bodykit on it, full respray in orange flip and rooled arches so i can put my 17inch ace 189's on.

B

benmicrasr

Where abouts u from m8, i will have to pop and have a look if u aint to far away. What kit u had put on?Out of interest how much was your respray?Im thinking of getting mine done black with gold flakes!

OP
OP
C

CAWKWELL

i have some pictures but cant upload them can i send them to somebody please.

R

RIK

think this should work

Attachments

• cawk.jpg
    cawk.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 311
R

RIK

the staffy sat at my feet has more chance of resizing images than me, :D

so i got ian to do it ,,thanks matey

L

lewis

holy ****, loooooovely!

which kit is that? It's definately one of the better ones I've seen.

B

Ben

hmmm, dont think it impressed me as much as Gavs to be as honest but still great to see someone doing something like this, imo its been made to look too much like Gavs but not as good. The arches havent been blended by the looks of thing and the facelift front end is just ugly

hard to tell but from looks of it that paint job is lurvly though :D

Just my opinion before anyone starts spitting htere dummy out

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Certainly different, not to sure I like it but respect to you for doing it. Need to see more pics before I make a proper judgement lol... hint hint. ;)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Just to give you some more information on this kit.

It was fitted by Melton Fibre glass and the fitment will be 1000 times better then Gav's K11 as that was fitted by cowboys in the trade, Barwell worked on Gav's as well as this one and that was a right sod to work on.

Although the arches aren't smoothed into the skirts, the arches are fitted much better as is the front bumper, with the whole of this kit it's like it was fitted from factory. The respray is stunning and Steve has done a top job on it.

Just a quick point Ben, why is the front end ugly in your opinion?

The bumper is the same and it doesn't have what I would term the ugly GTIR bonnet scoop, looks much better with the smooth standard bonnet imo

but I would say it would benefit from some other alloys now with this kit fitted.

Kev

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Gav's is actually slightly different. I think its the colour that does it, somehow the mesh stands out alot though. Get more pics up though lol, wana see this paint job closer. :) Could do with some different alloys but rest looks kool. :)

R

RIK

micra man ill forward the e-mail i got off cawkwell of the 2 11meg! pics

can see car closer on them :D masive!

wot shal i send to?

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Cheers Rik. Aint got photshop on my computer at the moment so can't resize them, paint colour and finish looks awesome though!!! Will hopefully see it in the flesh at Donny next year. :D

B

Ben

rik - forward em to me [email protected]

RE: Kev, i just dont think the facelift suits it with those massive headlights and silly grill. Like i said though this is just my opinion, i think the paint is 1000X better than Gavs but although the bodywork may be fitted better, unfortunatly doesnt look as good imo!

R

RIK

this car looks really nice,,but my opinion is the front bumper on a k11 should never be changed,super s bumper skirts and arches is all it needs,

the kiys look cool but not my style,,you can see th equality work that been put in just from the pics,,i supose its better in real life too

B

Ben

just saw the massive pics and must say the paint looks the dogs b's but i dunnot about the actual bodywork - u shud have got the lock taken off the petrol cap while u were there and wats the deal with the bonnet - agin though each to their own :D

Really proud to see another k11 with major body and paintwork on it though - bigger wheels!1

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
lol I think Steve can re-fit a bonnet ok.

It's probably not been put down on the catch and just left open when the photo's where taken.

I'll get in touch with Steve and see what other images he has of the car

Kev :)

G_Man

Ex. Club Member
Dusk said:
Seems like ben wants to make the worst out of every situation..!

**ahem** u have shown me that u like to make the most of bad situations so dont be like that to other ppl

OP
OP
C

CAWKWELL

yeah bonnets open ive got some 17inch ace 189's to go on when i get it back.cheers for your comments.