Generating interest in my K11 and any parts fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
See I wouldn't be like your stereotypical BMW driver, I would be one of the nice ones who doesn't talk about his car all the time and doesn't drive like an arse. And for me, it's not a status symbol. I just like them, always have

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
See I wouldn't be like your stereotypical BMW driver, I would be one of the nice ones who doesn't talk about his car all the time and doesn't drive like an arse. And for me, it's not a status symbol. I just like them, always have

Like I said mate see you in a few weeks lol

haha this bimmer conversation had me in stitches there different status symbol stories all over. don't know what there like down south but up here there mainly driven by guy's pumped up to 50 psi on steroids with sunglasses on and the one arm on the steering wheel and the one arm hanging out the window tensed up image :laugh: they are good cars don't get me wrong i wouldn't have anything less than a 2.5 in one and it would have to be a e30 anything less than a 2.5 and your k11 would be quicker lol. trust me ive drove lots of bm's and martin is right about the interior lol. apart from that they are not that terrible just stay away from the roids and the sunglasses and you will be fine :p

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
haha this bimmer conversation had me in stitches there different status symbol stories all over. don't know what there like down south but up here there mainly driven by guy's pumped up to 50 psi on steroids with sunglasses on and the one arm on the steering wheel and the one arm hanging out the window tensed up image :laugh: they are good cars don't get me wrong i wouldn't have anything less than a 2.5 in one and it would have to be a e30 anything less than a 2.5 and your k11 would be quicker lol. trust me ive drove lots of bm's and martin is right about the interior lol. apart from that they are not that terrible just stay away from the roids and the sunglasses and you will be fine :p

Down south, most BMW drivers are in the stereotypical "####er on steroids with sunglasses and can't drive" category. There are the odd few however, including myself, who don't fall into that category. I drive sensibly, I hate wearing suits, I don't have iridium sunglasses, and I don't need steroids - I do enough heavy lifting at work :laugh:.

But yeah, I think they're good cars - I think the E36 shape looks good, the interior is nice, they're fast, they sound good, and they are well put together. I think, from experience, they are reliable as long as you look after them. And I probably will get either an E36 328i or M3, as they're the quickest and most fun

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Bump, need more names for the rest of the parts, as it seems as though I might be inheriting a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi 5-door. Want to break this down if I can't sell it whole as soon as I get another car, as I don't want to have to SORN it. I will now take offers on anything that's left, and I've dropped the price of the alloys to £250 (Y)

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Bump, there must be more people out there than this who are interested in parts? :wasntme:

daniel what i dont get is youve worked hard to get this motor how u like it and you had more plans then you decied to sell and rip it apart and get something that will break down and let you down and then bore you to death!

i would personally go for a merc as there classy and have alot more go than most bmw's!

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
daniel what i dont get is youve worked hard to get this motor how u like it and you had more plans then you decied to sell and rip it apart and get something that will break down and let you down and then bore you to death!

i would personally go for a merc as there classy and have alot more go than most bmw's!

I just can't afford to do the work it needs, and I don't have the time to do it. It needs a hell of a lot of welding done, as well as some bodywork repairs - there's a lot of arch rust, the sills are knackered, there's quite a few dents (most are small, with one quite big and hard to get out), loads of scratches (most are fairly deep), and a few holes in the floor were the rust has got quite serious. The gearbox is also leaking (the underside of the car from the gearbox, all the way back to the fuel tank, is covered in oil), and it's really hard to get it into reverse - you all but have to wrench the gear lever with both hands.

I'm still not 100% sure what car I'm going to go for yet - my parents are helping me out to get something a bit newer and sensible, so I can sort my money out and find my feet. I think I've narrowed it down to a newer shape Vauxhall Vecra 1.9 CDTi, E46 BMW 325Ci M-Sport, or a Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch.

What I will say is this - I will be back. Once I have the space, time, and money, I will be buying another Micra (in much better condition than mine), as a project car. At least that way, I can still have a daily car as well as a Micra.

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Bump. Car is going to be broken up over the course of the weekend and next week, as I will be buying my new car next week. Anyone who has had their name put down will be recieving PMs regarding postage, collection, and account details for money transfer. If anyone wishes to contact me regarding any other parts (anything fitted to the car can be sold, as the scrapyard is picking it up for me), drop me text or call me on my mobile - 07979368351. I won't be online much over the next 2 weeks, due to work, breaking my car, and sorting out my new one.

OP
OP
Daniel

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Bump, loads of bits still for sale, still open to offers. Have put a deposit down on a new car, which I should have by the end of next week at the latest. Car will be stripped down then, and I won't require standard parts anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.