General questions I couldn't find in the search

D

Dust

As you may have noticed in the introductions section, I am picking up a Nissan March. Since I am not fluent at Japanese, I can’t find a board to help with Marches, so I went and found a Micra board.

Here are my questions. I cannot get at the car until after I have the chance to get some things. My parents are coming to visit, and will bring me a lot of stuff from the states, and I will be near a Costco, which means cheaper car stuff.

tranny fluid. It’s a auto, is there a drain plug, and how many qts does it take?

PS – What does the PS system take?

radio change. What does it take to remove the panel that holds the radios in? It has a tape deck above the HVAC and a cd player below the HVAC.

Last, and kinda not necessary. What kind of room is there by the oil filter. What size filter can be put on their lengthwise. I have some filters that I have already bought, but are about 4.8 inches tall. Is it at all possible to get something of that size in there. Filters cost about 900 yen, and if I can use filters I already have that I paid 200 yen for, all the better.

Thanks for your help.

get a haynes manual for a micra, they are virtually identical to the march, all the fluid capacities and types will be in there under routine maintenance, although there are a few little differences under the bonnet.

OP
OP
D

Dust

If that was possible in the next 2 months, I would try, but everything on ebay is surface mail, which will take 8 weeks, and I need the info by the end of the month, hence I am asking here.

OP
OP
D

Dust

Didnt notice that my location wasn't displaying. I am about 1.5 hours north of Tokyo.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
When you have the car on axle stands or on a lift, look at the front of the gearbox and you will find two plugs. The bottom one is the drain and the top is the fill. Think you need a 15mm square to undo the drain plug

Power steering fluid is the normal run of the mill stuff

As for the oil filter a 5" filter will fit however you may never get it off again, also the internal screw diameter may be different. The standard filter does a good enough job. 900 yen for a standard filter is cheap, we pay nearer 1800-2000 yen in the UK

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
You get a chance to go the the battle at Tsukuba?
According to my Haynes, the tranny oil is 3.2l excl. cooler, 4.2 incl. the cooler and the drain plug should be located towoards the rear side of the box.
You have about 6" at least to play with with the oil filter, but I personally wouldn't use anything other than a designated Mrch one.
Can't seem to find much info. on teh Power steernig though, maybe best to ask your nearest Nissan dealrership?
Hope htis helps, Craig

M

m1ck97

CD player is easy to remove, you just need to remove the centre console:

image000385sv.jpg

Remove the ash tray and you will find 2 screws, remove these, and there are 2 more scews found underneith the switches for your hazard lights - just above the sterio. The panel should just clip off, start from the bottom and work your way up. Some clips might be hard to get off, but be firm but gentle.

OP
OP
D

Dust

Do all Micras have the pocket thing in your pic, which by the way I thank you for. The car I am getting has a Cd player there. Craig, thanks for the specs on the oil.